Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitecliffs (Australia) experience and thoughts
10-16-2011, 09:07 PM,
Whitecliffs (Australia) experience and thoughts
Hi,

I decided to go to a hair club (Whitecliffs) to get my first pieces and thought I'd share my experience and also thoughts on what occurred at the consultation. In no way am I affiliated with them in anyway.

The business is ran by two blokes and I was offered a reasonable price. I told them I intend to go the DIY route and they said this was no issue.

I was then sat down and a template was taken. What was different was that they did not draw arrows or label the actual piece itself to specify the density/direction/colour of hair and instead hair samples were taken from the back and sides of my head.

I questioned why no directional arrows etc. were drawn on the template and they told me that this will be detailed on a specifications sheet and the style will be free style. I have a vertex where hair direction originates and spans outwards in 360 degrees and asked where this will be on the template and how can they get this right? The guy said this is how it's done and not to worry and it will be custom piece not stock.

Then I said I'll go for the french lace and swiss lace with superfine swiss for hair line. He said that E3 monofilament was the best for undetectability and durability as he wears it (although the guy was bald at the time of the consultation saying his raising money for leukaemia). I have no idea if this is true or not, can someone comment?

I'm going to have to wait a month before I get the units.
10-16-2011, 10:59 PM,
RE: Whitecliffs (Australia) experience and thoughts
Hi noneother... I did a bit of searching and here are the links: http://www.hairsite.com/late-aplushair.htm
http://www.captainhair.com/Basic/Common_...signs.aspx
Please note....for anyone looking at the second link there[ Captain hair] I ordered products from them recently and had to get a refund from `Paypal` as they didn`t arrive --you can make your own decisions based on that fact, as to whether you wish to deal with that company for any of their range of products etc. I simply posted the link there, as it gives a comparison between various base materials. As far as I know, monofilament material is `old`technology and is a type of nylon material [I have worn it before] The only thing which `jumps out` at me from your post is near the end there.....you told him you wanted French/Swiss lace etc. He said this `E3 mono is the best`...!!! That`s HIS opinion [and he`s entitled to have it] and it`s what HE likes to wear [ yet he wasn`t wearing at the time and NOR did he show you actual examples of mono and/or lace---ANY salon would have them available to show you as a potential customer, to enable you to make an informed choice.] You`re the customer and as such YOU are entitled to order whatever base material YOU decide and not [basically] what he appears to have TOLD you...... if it was me I know what I`d have told him to do....unrepeatable here in polite society !!! Hope that helps..cheers, Paul.
10-17-2011, 04:05 AM,
Once again thanks for the heads up Paul, as a first timer I am learning so much from your posts, youre great.
10-17-2011, 08:44 PM,
Hmm...so Paul, in your opinion lace is the way to go despite it being less durable? I'm after undetectability and comfort. As close to perfect as possible.

Is it always better to have a swiss lace hairline?

Not too late to change my order please advise. Much thanks!
10-17-2011, 09:36 PM,
Hi guys... thanks for the comments Benq---just in case newbies don`t know... if you`d like to see all posts and/or threads by a particular member, just click on the user-name, and you`ll see that person`s statistics [date joined, location etc.] and there are two blue-highlighted links which you can click on to find all Threads by that member, and also, all posts by them....so if you`d like to `narrow`a search down to a particular member you can do so.
noneother....... lace is generally less durable simply because it`s a fabric as opposed to nylon [mono] or polyurethane which again, is man-made material. You have to take into account the `properties`of each [the pro`s and con`s] and decide on what are your overriding concerns/needs in terms your individual `situation`.....your lifestyle, possibly work-environment, and issues such as detectability to both touch and sight, if that will be significant to you. I guess that the apparent/usual longevity of a base material such as nylon/poly over lace,is tempered by the fact that human hair only has a certain `life`and the hair will deteriorate faster than the base...the opposite CAN be [but not always] true too...a lace base can deteriorate before the hair !! [ you can`t win can you ? :-) ] Lace in my opinion, is more comfortable to wear and allows better scalp breathe-ability...... depending on how you treat your lace system and your lifestyle, a life-span of 3-6 months average is normal..many guys get far longer wears... it`s hard to be precise as there are so many variables in the mix...... you can have all-swiss, or french lace [for a bit more durability] with a swiss front for the best undetectability to both touch and vision, particularly if you`re going for a more exposed front hair style..... hope that helps... and best wishes with it whatever your choice... Paul.
10-24-2011, 07:00 PM,
well i went to see them a month ago and they quoted me $1000 for two monofilament systems. Now they emailed me back saying that was a lie and that it is for $1500! They're calling me a liar basically.

Freaking dodgy and I already paid $500 deposit.

i asked for a refund but these buggers are not even answering their phones or emailing back.

conclusion: AVOID WHITECLIFFS! THEY'RE SCAMMERS
10-24-2011, 08:06 PM,
If there`s `hassle`over getting your deposit back, I`d simply report it to whatever Government consumer-protection agency you have there...don`t let them away with it.... I`ve seen many cases where various places/companies rely on the client`s vulnerability and fear of being `outed `publicly as a wearer [in the event of a court case] etc. Don`t be intimidated and insist on your money back ..... hope you get sorted. You should just order a nice custom from Toplace and have Debbie cut it in for you if finding a stylist in your area is problematic....far less trauma all around ! Cheers, Paul.