Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question on exercise base.
10-14-2011, 05:41 PM,
Question on exercise base.
Hi guys have any of you had any experience with the exercise base. I'm just about to order 1 or 2 pieces and one will be the tl600.
10-17-2011, 01:56 AM,
RE: Question on exercise base.
I don't have it yet, but I ordered a tl600 based on toplaces recommendation. I'm really hoping its what I'm looking for. I'll let you know when I get it, though it'll probably be a bit. Hope someone else can help in the meantime.
10-17-2011, 02:07 PM,
(10-17-2011, 01:56 AM)Skeletor Wrote: I don't have it yet, but I ordered a tl600 based on toplaces recommendation. I'm really hoping its what I'm looking for. I'll let you know when I get it, though it'll probably be a bit. Hope someone else can help in the meantime.

Thanks for that, I'll look forward to hearing what you think. I am just about to make a template to get one ordered but it'd be nice hearing some input from the other guys who have it. I will get a lace one also but since I work in the western Australian heat I wanna try it. The alternate is shave the head, probably be cooler but I think the style won't suit me.
12-14-2011, 11:53 AM,
(10-17-2011, 01:56 AM)Skeletor Wrote: I don't have it yet, but I ordered a tl600 based on toplaces recommendation. I'm really hoping its what I'm looking for. I'll let you know when I get it, though it'll probably be a bit. Hope someone else can help in the meantime.

Hey how did ur order go. What is the tl600 like??????
12-15-2011, 12:41 PM,
I had one of those types of bases once in the past (albeit from a different supplier), and it worked out fine from an aesthetic standpoint. But I was more aware that I was wearing a piece because of the extra poly and weight (you'll notice even a slight difference, in that regard, when something's sitting on your head). So I didn't repeat the process. I just bond all-lace pieces with blue lace support tape, and the thing isn't going anywhere. Ever. Under any circumstances.

The foregoing said, there is something to be said for a poly perimeter. Makes cleanup a breeze. That and a little more durability are the advantages. The disadvantages are as stated above.
12-15-2011, 01:30 PM,
I don't know. I have mixed feelings about those type of bases.. All poly makes your head sweat more which in turn breaks down the bond faster or feel more uncomfy. U can't use like blue tape or super strong tapes on poly so u have to use something lighter as far as tapes.. Maybe strong liquid glues work good on poly? I would imagine its tough to remove though.

Poly perimeters for me are good with like certain type of tape. What kind of adhesives do you guys use on poly skins and PU edges etc.. also what do you guys use for very thin poly skin pieces?