Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how do u guys go through activity if u cant even take a shower w/out th bond loosenin
10-13-2011, 10:04 AM,
how do u guys go through activity if u cant even take a shower w/out th bond loosenin
ive seen posts by people saying they went swimming, scuba diving walking in the rain etc etc etc perfectly fine without any issues at all...
then i see people saying they cant even take a shower (even without using shampoo) without the bond loosening.

why are there such extreme differences?
can you not shower at all without using shampoo and keep a great bond?
or is it maybe the people who are claiming being able to shower, scuba dive walk in the rain etc are using a hard bond?

are these things only available to people who use a hard bond type of attachment?
10-13-2011, 10:32 AM,
RE: how do u guys go through activity if u cant even take a shower w/out th bond loosenin
because alot people use alot differnt adhesives and every body reacts differnet to them. It depends on your bodychemistry.

I dont have those problems, but i only use glue and bond my full head.
10-13-2011, 11:06 AM,
RE: how do u guys go through activity if u cant even take a shower w/out th bond loosenin
what kind of glue are you using?
10-13-2011, 04:46 PM,
Water based adhesives will almost always loosen when subjected to sweating or water. If you are a super active person you might want to use lots of strong tape to anchor the unit and just use glue at the edges for a better finish, or take the extra step and use a solvent based glue.
10-13-2011, 04:54 PM,
whats a solvent based glue? like ultra hold etc?
10-14-2011, 06:54 AM,
(10-13-2011, 04:54 PM)elvis Wrote: whats a solvent based glue? like ultra hold etc?

Yes, solvent based "clear" glues such as ultrahold are much more resistant to water so they will help keep the unit attached through sweating, swimming, etc.

BTW....when I say that the bond will usually loosen when a water based glue gets wet, that's not to say that the hair is going to slide right off your head, but it can get a little loose. It will harden back up when it dries but until them it won't be quite as secure.
10-14-2011, 07:06 AM,
so what would you say are the pros and cons of solvents vs white glues? and which do you prefer?
10-15-2011, 06:41 AM,
(10-14-2011, 07:06 AM)elvis Wrote: so what would you say are the pros and cons of solvents vs white glues? and which do you prefer?

White glue

pro- low shine, easier clean-up

con- less water resistant, shorter hold time, can turn "milky" when they get wet

Solvent based glue

pro- stronger hold, more resistant to sweat and water

con- more difficult and messy to apply and remove, more shine, harsh fumes

I usually use white glues, mainly because I can only go one week max before I have to do a removal (due to irritation issues) and if I attach correctly I can get a solid week from a white glue attachment. Wouldn't make much sense for me to bother with solvent based glues, but for someone who is more active or someone who can wear for a longer period of time they might be worth trying.