Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
paul, anty, jrob and all other vets.. please help
10-11-2011, 07:37 PM,
RE: paul, anty, jrob and all other vets.. please help
You might want to try Stick It tape. Low shine, strong, no irritation. I like blue liner and some of the other strong tapes but after awhile they cause irritation in the nape area.
10-11-2011, 07:47 PM,
That particular gel is one I`m not familiar with --as I said, I`m not really a big user of such products---- it`s certainly very expensive and I`m just wondering would you be better to buy a system-friendly one off a/that dedicated site as you`d know it`s not going to contain any harmful products such as certain alcohols [not all alcohols are necessarily bad] I only have experience of the Lòreal one and it`s never caused any problems for me....this one is more or less the same as the `Invisifix`gel http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?f...&x=18&y=17 and a lot cheaper than the one you were looking at..... yes you can rinse your hair with water and it won`t [shouldn`t] affect your bond but make sure to just blot it dry with a clean towel...don`t `rub` it or rough it up like you would with a full head of growing hair. There are so many shampoos/conditioners available to choose from..... the main thing is they should be sulfate-free so any of the ones on that site will be fine... I pushed the boat out a bit and got the Remysoft 3step `system` http://remysofthair.com/index.htm and it`s available on the H.D. site there which you`re looking at ....you can buy the little travel-pack to try it out [bit cheaper] but I think it was Snipe who posted recently about Lòreal `Everpure` shampoo and conditioner which are very reasonably-priced and sulfate-free. Again, it`s really a matter of your own choice.....don`t bankrupt yourself when getting your supplies..the initial set-up can be a large-ish outlay, but the products last a good while...there`s no need to use half a bottle of shampoo at a time nor conditioner either ...... I use a about 2 teaspoons of shampoo in a basin of lukewarm water maybe twice a month, followed by conditioner left on for 10 minutes before rinsing out. The Bluemax sealer finishes the job [that can be re-applied anytime in between shampooings] Generally 2 or 3 days after after I shampoo, I begin using my `Enhance`...just dampen the hair, style, spray on `Enhance`liberally and allow to dry naturally...... it actually `holds`the hair into whatever style you`ve done --acts a bit like a gel I guess-- so I never use gels as you can get product build-up eventually with the hair looking `tired`....I know JRob uses styling products etc. ....I`d be interested to know his `routine` in what he uses and how often he has to shampoo etc. after them.... things like `ordinary/normal` waxes etc. are thick and `mild`shampoos will not remove them properly so things like sulfates are added to shampoos to help bond to and remove `dirt` but they are not kind to system hair..... personally I go with the philosophy that `less is best`when it comes to system hair.....but each to their own. Hope my `thinking aloud` is useful...Paul.
10-12-2011, 01:59 PM,
thanks again paul. im about to buy my ORWG from coolpiece.. as i heard theyre known for that.
they sell them for 5.75 for 0.5oz (30ml)
how long will one bottle last? how many do you think i should buy to last me a year or so? (thats with weekly debonding and touch ups whenever need be)
btw i tested it on my skin.. it hasnt caused a reaction.. so im fine there
10-12-2011, 10:37 PM,
It`s hard to give a precise answer as to how long it will last as it`s down to individual situations.....glue generally `lasts`as you apply it thinly [that`s paramount] and even if applying a few coats, it`s always applied thinly, and even a small bottle will not be gone within the first month or anything..... I reckon that new wearers should get the smallest sizes initially and see how you get on ...you may not get any irritation issues initially, but maybe after 2 or 3 weeks it may manifest itself, meaning you`re going to have to try a different product and for that reason I`d advise you against buying in a whole year`s supply of any product, as you may not be able to carry on using a particular one and end up with a load of it in your supplies cabinet which you cannot use...... Paul.
10-13-2011, 04:35 PM,
(10-12-2011, 01:59 PM)elvis Wrote: thanks again paul. im about to buy my ORWG from coolpiece.. as i heard theyre known for that.
they sell them for 5.75 for 0.5oz (30ml)
how long will one bottle last? how many do you think i should buy to last me a year or so? (thats with weekly debonding and touch ups whenever need be)
btw i tested it on my skin.. it hasnt caused a reaction.. so im fine there

That's a very good glue. Hard to say how much of it you will go through but I would pick up 2 or 3 bottles if you are going to place an order.
10-18-2011, 02:25 PM,
hey guys, i am about to order the stick it tape from coolpiece, the blue tape and the super tape from hairdirect.. yeah all three. i couldnt choose. is this a wise idea? or should i buy a less powerfull tape too? can anyone share their experiences with these 3? should i stay away from any? or do all 3 of these have a pretty good reputation. Also, i notice they say supertape is waterproof. does that mean that blue tape and stick it are not waterproof?

also, when buying tape what size do you reccomend? 3/4ths of an inch, half an inch or just a full inch (in width)
10-19-2011, 04:01 AM,
Hi all,

I am about to start collecting my supplies now too.

Paul (being from Europe) do you have a good shop I can use in the UK? Or is it best getting it from american shops?

Elvis - if you could re-post your list with links attached to where youre getting your items from for each item that would help me out so much.

Thanks
Benq
10-19-2011, 05:53 AM,
(10-11-2011, 05:11 AM)elvis Wrote: hairenough. which protouch.. you mean the adhesive remover? do you think i should get oure then instead?
also.. should i leave out the scalp protector and get protouch no sweat? i need something for humid weather. are you in humid weather?

also, whats your take on this? http://www.hairdirect.com/store/Natural-Sheen.aspx

its called natural sheen by nearly natural

whats this 99% alcohol stuff? am i supposed to buy that? im already buying lace release and protuch adhesive remover.

Sorry I was talking about Protouch Nosweat. I must have been very tired the day I replied to this thread.
10-19-2011, 07:04 AM,
(10-18-2011, 02:25 PM)elvis Wrote: hey guys, i am about to order the stick it tape from coolpiece, the blue tape and the super tape from hairdirect.. yeah all three. i couldnt choose. is this a wise idea? or should i buy a less powerfull tape too? can anyone share their experiences with these 3? should i stay away from any? or do all 3 of these have a pretty good reputation. Also, i notice they say supertape is waterproof. does that mean that blue tape and stick it are not waterproof?

also, when buying tape what size do you reccomend? 3/4ths of an inch, half an inch or just a full inch (in width)

Definitely pick up a variety of tapes and glues. There is just no way of knowing how your body chemistry will react to any given adhesive. It is very much a trial and error thing.

Tape width is a personal choice. I would go with 3/4 to start with. You can always try different widths on subsequent orders.
(10-11-2011, 07:47 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: so I never use gels as you can get product build-up eventually with the hair looking `tired`....I know JRob uses styling products etc. ....I`d be interested to know his `routine` in what he uses and how often he has to shampoo etc. after them.... things like `ordinary/normal` waxes etc. are thick and `mild`shampoos will not remove them properly so things like sulfates are added to shampoos to help bond to and remove `dirt` but they are not kind to system hair..... personally I go with the philosophy that `less is best`when it comes to system hair.....but each to their own. Hope my `thinking aloud` is useful...Paul.

Most products can cause buildup over a period of time, even if they are good for the hair. Most won't cause any damage but as you said, they can make the hair look "tired".

I usually wash only once per week, in between attachments with the unit off my head. I also wash once mid-week if needed. If the hair starts to look a little rough I will use some dishwashing liquid for a clarifying wash, but this should only be done as needed, maybe once every 4, 6, or 8 weeks.
10-19-2011, 09:12 AM,
Elvis.. you have the correct products on your list...99% alcohol is what`s in lace release and `Pure`glue melter.
Benq..have a look at page 2 of the Forum.... up near the top there`s a thread discussing UK supplies/suppliers. Hairenough posted a link to one he likes and I note they also sell Knot-sealer [ other suppliers don`t carry it] Youtube has some clips on how to use/apply it ... note the person is using a spray-on container.... I`ve never had a spray-on one..simply dabbed it on thinly with a cotton pad....MUST be applied sparingly, or it can go through the lace onto the hair shafts and dry into clumps..a BIG no-no !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv0MbBz0X-Q