Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has Toplace tried this?
10-09-2011, 11:19 PM,
Has Toplace tried this?
So many people ask for info about what products to use on systems but has anyone tried to simply get the same exact products that the actual factory uses and sell that to us?
10-09-2011, 11:28 PM,
RE: Has Toplace tried this?
Yes they have.
There were some old posts (maybe not on this forum) about the product used in the factories to coat the hair.
You could only get it in large quantities and it cost about $200.
Suggestions were floated about a few people getting together to buy it and then divide it up amongst them.

I'll see if I can search & find the info, or maybe some one else will recall it and point you in the right direction.

This isn't exactly what I was thinking about, but may be of interest:

http://www.wigoil.com/
10-10-2011, 06:18 AM,
Yes there was a young guy on another forum called Davz or something. He ordered a big batch of the stuff they use at the factory. He said that when he treated an old piece with it, it became softer than when it was new. He seemed to believe it was the solution to the drying out problem. Someone should buy a big batch and make profit selling it in smaller quantities to the rest of us. It's a gap in the market.

Davz was a good guy. I remember him helping out some other fellow wearers by sending him spare pieces in emergencies for free. I wonder if he is still around. He also was skilled at cutting in his own systems and customising them with pleats.
10-10-2011, 10:58 AM,
Has anybody out there tried this? JRob is an expert on this. JRob--you out there?
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com
10-10-2011, 09:27 PM,
(10-09-2011, 11:28 PM)Hersute Wrote: Yes they have.
There were some old posts (maybe not on this forum) about the product used in the factories to coat the hair.
You could only get it in large quantities and it cost about $200.
Suggestions were floated about a few people getting together to buy it and then divide it up amongst them.

I'll see if I can search & find the info, or maybe some one else will recall it and point you in the right direction.

This isn't exactly what I was thinking about, but may be of interest:

http://www.wigoil.com/

Very interesting site, I dont know why more people aren't into this. Everyone wants to be able to make their pieces feel like just from the factory.
10-11-2011, 06:40 AM,
doesnt conditioner do this then? (im new - my first system is on order)
10-11-2011, 07:31 PM,
The silicone based sealers used by the hair factories coupled with my own experiences with other silicone based hair products lead me to do my own research which eventually helped me develop Blue Max Protective Sealer.

Awhile back another company had gotten ahold of some of the silicone treatment that their factory uses on the hair before shipping and sent it to some customers for testing and if I remember correctly the results weren't what they had hoped for. I am guessing that this might be due to the fact that once the hair is stripped of its cuticle it is very difficult to "restore" it once it has been through several washing cycles, exposure to the environment, etc.

The important thing is to use a silicone based product from the very first time you wash a new unit. This will help to seal the hair shaft, essentially acting as a replacement for the cuticle that was stripped from the hair during processing.
10-11-2011, 09:18 PM,
Would anyone else be willing to buy some with me? The company can send me 4 X 35gm samples for 37.50 each plus shipping. 1 jar apparently does 10 hair baths that apparently last for 6 months each I think it was.