Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
perfect10 advice
10-09-2011, 09:38 AM,
perfect10 advice
Hi all, I typically order from both TL and BA but BA sort of flipped his wig ( pun intended ) and whent a bit nutty to say the least. Myself along with many others have been given a fake unit ( for reason not worth getting in to ) Long story shot I'm trying to make it right.

All is well but the color. I was able to match the color two weeks ago using perfect 10. It was a long effect but I did it. Darkening with the die and lightening with bleach ( 20 to 1 ). It seems ( unbenounced to me at first ) that I'm now back to where I started. To make it worse my colleagues are starting to wonder. So here I am again trying to match my color up before Monday. I used a die that last time was too light when done, though this time its to dark ( ughh ). I'm trying to find a way to tone it down a bit without re-attaching. I tied coming in a 20 to 1 mix of bleach ( let it sit for 30 min ) but it didnt light up. I only need a shade or two lighter. Preferably a blend from light to dark. Should I try a spray bottle ( messy but maybe a better spread )?

My second concern is how to make this stick till my new TL unit gets here. Perfect 10 did give me a conditioner and said to use it weekly. I did not use it at all, so maybe that is all I need. My guess was the cleaning process took the color out?

Anyone care to chat about this process and maybe add some advise?
10-09-2011, 08:29 PM,
RE: perfect10 advice
Hi ulao... from what I can understand, your system hair is now a bit too dark compared to your own and won`t `lighten`up for you ? The easiest solution would be to darken/ deepen your growing hair to match it..... coloring hair can be tricky as you`ve discovered....system/treated hair really `grabs` color rapidly and can deepen very quickly compared to growing hair.... normally [disregarding instructions on the pack] it`s best not to leave those `commercial` coloring products on/in system hair for more than 3 or 4 minutes at most....... it`s probably going to be a bit easier to do as I suggest rather than subject your system to any more `abuse` and all your colleagues may notice is that your [overall] hair looks a bit `darker` ..... try leaving it on your own hair for 8-10 minutes then rinse out/dry the hair/ sit the system on and see how it all looks......you can always go a shade deeper again on your growing hair if you think it`s still too light in comparison with the system...... it`s a real hassle when things like this happen but I think all wearers experience it eventually but it`s usually from normal oxidation by sun and shampooing etc..... give your system and growing hair a generous application of conditioner too to counteract the negative effects of coloring-chemicals.....hope that helps... Paul.
10-11-2011, 06:45 AM,
Hi both. Doesnt the dye affect the lace base?? (Im a new user - first system is on order!)
10-11-2011, 07:54 AM,
Yes...you need to keep it off the lace or it will permanently stain it,usually, especially the darker ones.
10-11-2011, 09:08 AM,
wow - I bet thats a hard thing to do! If anyone is a dab hand at this feel free to youtube it! Big Grin
10-12-2011, 03:21 PM,
Yeah its no easy thing. Little too late for tubing it. I did get a stain I was able to bleach out with a q-tip.

thx for the replies.