Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this possible
10-08-2011, 12:43 AM,
Is this possible
Hey guys
Decided that i am going to wear in the next few months, ive read this whole forum over a period of 2 weeks so i feel im well informed thanks to everyone who posts

My sides are a little thin and wispy when grown out, so i am going to go a full cap

My plans are to go SFS, attach with strong adhesive, and only take off and re-attach my piece once a week. In summer time, i plan to go to the beach, and i like to go for power walks and runs here and there.

Is this lifestyle possible with a full cap? as most people it seems go for partial pieces.

Finally, my plan is to wear until i am 35 ( I am now 26), where ill be much more accepting of being bald by then... so was just wondering if attaching adhesives will cause traction alopecia with my existing hair on sides and back? (ill be shaving down to a zero once a week when i re-attach)

Thanks heaps for all your help, i will post again to let everyone how a full cap went for me.....
Cheers
10-08-2011, 09:01 PM,
RE: Is this possible
Hi roby123... no real difference between Fullcap/topper in the attachment materials or bond-durations....you`ll find what suits you best. Have a read of Mr.Burns`thread here on his lifestyle while travelling in India a while ago [he wears a topper]
http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?...a#pid29074
The general wisdom is to wear French lace for Fullcaps [ especially your first] as it`s that bit more robust than Swiss...the sides can be subject to more strain/pressure from de-bonding so even if you do plan on going Swiss, the area there in front of the ears/up to the temples needs to be re-inforced with a double layer of Swiss or just made with French ..... I`ve only recently gone Fullcap..the first one`s base was noticeably `heavier`/coarser than Swiss, but the 2nd one which I ordered almost immediately [in order to have a `stand-by` to hand in case of some unforeseen `disaster`] was much `lighter`....I asked John to check had the factory made a mistake... they say it`s French too, but it sure feels like Swiss....so just because it`s French doesn`t mean it`s necessarily going to feel like a piece of sack-cloth against the scalp..... certainly if going to the beach etc. and being exposed to strong sunlight will mean it`s wise to wear a large [straw] hat or something similar to prevent the sun bleaching/oxidising the hair..it will do that to growing hair let alone system hair, if not covered. Wearing any system will not `cramp` your lifestyle with a few sensible common-sense precautions..cheers, Paul.
10-09-2011, 04:03 AM,
Hey Paul
Thanks for your reply, when i was reading through the forum, i kept a keen eye on yourself and a guy called Jrod, as you both wear full cap and provide great info! I did see you say that you remove yours daily, that wont be an option for me, i was hoping that id be able to do it weekly. I know many people do this with toppers, but its hard to get info on full caps.

By the way the picture of your full cap looks great, love how u show a bit of scalp, looks so realistic. Therefore, my only concerns is whether a good attachment will last me a week, including living a lifestyle of going to the beach (including going in the water) in the summer and also not being afraid to participate in sports and things like that......
10-09-2011, 05:33 AM,
JRob is more or less the Fullcap Guru ! Have a look at his site:
http://hairjive.com/store/index.php?main...jhu3mlqan6
There should be no major issue with a more active lifestyle and with doing a weekly de/re-bond as many wearers attach for at least that duration..... I know `Younggun` leads a very active lifestyle including surfing etc. and is waiting on his first Fullcap delivery...it will be interesting to learn how he gets on with it all...exposing hair to salt water etc. is obviously going to have a bearing on both your hair-care routine and ultimately `lifespan` of your system overall, but wearing need not `hold you back` unnecessarily from enjoying activities which non-wearers partake in...... you`ll probably need to add a strip of tape/glue front-to-back and possibly across the sides ear-to-ear as well as a full perimeter bond with suitable tape and/or glues and you should be fine.....it`s just a matter of finding the best ones which you and your individual body-chemistry are compatible with .....JRob`s site should be helpful and there are many threads/posts on here regarding active lifestyles/bond materials and wear -durations etc....cheers, Paul.
10-09-2011, 08:28 AM,
No way to know how long you will be able to get out of an attachment until you get your first unit and start experimenting with different attachments. During my first few years of wearing I was only able to get 4 days out of an attachment due to adhesive breakdown and irritation issues. I eventually got tired of having to remove after only 4 days so I decided to try some new attachment methods and supplies, which paid off because I am now able to get a solid week out of my attachments, even with sweating at the gym a few days per week.
10-14-2011, 08:27 AM,
(10-09-2011, 08:28 AM)JRob Wrote: No way to know how long you will be able to get out of an attachment until you get your first unit and start experimenting with different attachments. During my first few years of wearing I was only able to get 4 days out of an attachment due to adhesive breakdown and irritation issues. I eventually got tired of having to remove after only 4 days so I decided to try some new attachment methods and supplies, which paid off because I am now able to get a solid week out of my attachments, even with sweating at the gym a few days per week.

Hey JRob, your mohawk pics are rad, I'm curious to what you are using for attachments, I'm a tape all around user, and have some lift, I work out 5-7 days a week, oily, and sweat, the odds are kinda stacked against me getting a long attachment, lol I make it work by gluing what lifts up down, which can be a bit messy, I'm currently using supertape and scalp protecter, have used walker no shine, blue liner, with and without red liner.. any new ideas would be great!
10-15-2011, 07:36 AM,
(10-14-2011, 08:27 AM)beersnob76 Wrote: Hey JRob, your mohawk pics are rad, I'm curious to what you are using for attachments, I'm a tape all around user, and have some lift, I work out 5-7 days a week, oily, and sweat, the odds are kinda stacked against me getting a long attachment, lol I make it work by gluing what lifts up down, which can be a bit messy, I'm currently using supertape and scalp protecter, have used walker no shine, blue liner, with and without red liner.. any new ideas would be great!

Thanks, glad you liked the mohawk!

This changes all the time but my best results to date have been with Oil Resistant White Glue at the hairline, blue liner tape for strength on the scalp, and Stick-It tape on the nape (less irritation, low shine, good adhesion).