Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what do you find most irritating about wearing a hair piece?
10-07-2011, 01:17 AM,
what do you find most irritating about wearing a hair piece?
is it the fact that when you get out of the pool when you swim it looks obviously wiggy?

or the glue producing that shine or whiteness on the hair line?

or that you are afraid to go on a rollercoaster?

or maybe working out issues cause of sweating?

how about the fact that 1 system comes in denser than the one you previously wore.

or possibly the hair the hair begins to look fake after a few weeks maybe.

im asking because i just want t see the let downs that come along with it for each person based on their opinions.. that way i can have realistic expectations as mine should be here in a couple weeks.

what is the most annoying thing that comes with wearing for each person here.. and how do u deal with it?
10-07-2011, 02:39 AM,
RE: what do you find most irritating about wearing a hair piece?
(10-07-2011, 01:17 AM)elvis Wrote: is it the fact that when you get out of the pool when you swim it looks obviously wiggy?

how about the fact that 1 system comes in denser than the one you previously wore.

im asking because i just want t see the let downs that come along with it for each person based on their opinions.. that way i can have realistic expectations as mine should be here in a couple weeks.

what is the most annoying thing that comes with wearing for each person here.. and how do u deal with it?

My by far biggest issue is the consistency from piece to piece. Quality of ventilation can very from piece to piece, as can hair quality. I alternate pieces every week at de and re and my wife tells me she can't tell the difference, but to me, there is. Not all pieces look the same. Otherwise, I have no worries, as long as I have a good attachment, especially at the front hairline, I pretty much forget I am wearing. I should qualify my first statement about consistency of quality, that has been my experience using other suppliers. I just started with Toplace, and only have ordered one piece which I am happy with. To me 90% of this game is attachment and how you care for your piece. Treat it gently , and it will do the same to you.
10-07-2011, 03:52 AM,
nice post, im young (24) ordered my first topper. i havent lost much hair and no one knows anything at all because i hide it with concealer.. do u think anyone will notice a difference once i get it and attatch it after cutting it the same way i cut my normal hair? also im away from everyone for a month once i get it so it wont be an over night switch
10-07-2011, 04:04 AM,
(10-07-2011, 03:52 AM)elvis Wrote: nice post, im young (24) ordered my first topper. i havent lost much hair and no one knows anything at all because i hide it with concealer.. do u think anyone will notice a difference once i get it and attatch it after cutting it the same way i cut my normal hair? also im away from everyone for a month once i get it so it wont be an over night switch

Trust me, if you get a good cut in and attachment. The comment people may make is "nice haircut". They may notice a change, but won't think wig.
10-07-2011, 06:47 AM,
(10-07-2011, 01:17 AM)elvis Wrote: is it the fact that when you get out of the pool when you swim it looks obviously wiggy?

'I can honestly say that this hasn't been a problem for me at all.
In fact in the beginning i was paranoid about that,even to the extent of carrying a mirror but eventually that fear went away as i realised i was worrying about nothing as it didin't look any different from anyone else with wet hair.'

'Now and again i get the whitenes along the hairline but it soon goes for me when everything dries out.I get round it by letting my hair cover the hairline.'

'I get afraid for very different reasons but i have never had a problem with the hair on a rollercoaster.'

'Proper attachment with good glue or tape takes care of this and has never been an issue.'

'Any differences i have had density wise has been minimal so not noticable to anyone else'.

'Usually takes a few months for that to happen if you don't look after the hair properly.'

'What annoys me the most is that it isn't my natural hair! LOL!!
10-07-2011, 08:04 AM,
ok im trusting you winstonage Smile lol
10-07-2011, 10:09 AM,
Having to worry about removing/cleaning/reattaching every week. A shaved head might not look as good but it's a lot easier to maintain Smile
10-09-2011, 01:06 AM,
How does it actually feel to swim with a partial hairpiece? Does it really look like wig when you come out of swimming pool? One of the reason I am about to wear topper is that in my current state I can't go to swimming pool or a beach with all the concealer!

How about when wind is blowing or when you wake up from sleep?

We only see the still pictures but how does it actually look in more "fluid situation in real life" (I am not sure if I am making sense here).
10-09-2011, 11:52 AM,
Gogetter that makes perfect sense and I've been wondering the same thing. So I would love to hear anyones experience with "real life" situations like that and if it really acts like hair would...
10-09-2011, 01:10 PM,
(10-09-2011, 01:06 AM)Gogetter Wrote: How does it actually feel to swim with a partial hairpiece? Does it really look like wig when you come out of swimming pool? One of the reason I am about to wear topper is that in my current state I can't go to swimming pool or a beach with all the concealer!

How about when wind is blowing or when you wake up from sleep?

We only see the still pictures but how does it actually look in more "fluid situation in real life" (I am not sure if I am making sense here).

I understand your concerns but you must appreciate that those of us that wear hair DO have lives!
We don't just sit around being picture perfect and then fall apart when the camera is put away!
We play sports, we have relationships, we go out in the wind & rain, we go to work and even leave the house in full sunlight!
And we do all of that wearing our hair.
Thousands of us, all over the world.

And the reason we wear hair is because it makes us look & feel better.
If we couldn't wear hair & have a normal life, there wouldn't be much point, would there?
We would have just traded our problem of being bald for the problem of not being able to function in the real world.

There are issues and drawbacks, but at least 90% of the people in this forum alone will tell you that its made their lives better, not worse.
And that includes being able to run, swim, go out in the wind and rain, in fact all the things they COULDN'T do using just concealer.

These days, the initial cost of buying a piece is relatively cheap.
Don't over think it or ponder on all the possibilities of what might go wrong.
Try it for yourself and see how it works for you.
I PROMISE you its better than painting your head.