Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Noob In NYC area, some ??? for you Pros
10-11-2011, 12:54 PM,
RE: Noob In NYC area, some ??? for you Pros
Di di's website is at http://www.hairnaturallyperfect.com .
She does cut in, maintenance, stylings in both Brooklyn (at her home)
or in Bentleys on 57th Street in Manhattan.

If you call her, tell her 'The Hypnotist' sent you ! Smile

I go to her for all my maintenance and cut-ins.
I'm here, because I have to order some new pieces.
10-11-2011, 01:56 PM,
Hey Count, thanks for your info, found her site from toplaces post. I emailed her Thursday but have not received a response yet. I was gonna give her a day or two more than try again. Do you know if she would do my template for me if I made an appointment? I will be sure to tell her the hypnotist sent me. Thanks again.
10-11-2011, 07:39 PM,
Count!

Haven't heard from you in awhile. You must be getting along just fine with the hair these days? Good to see you're still around!
10-12-2011, 12:40 AM,
(10-11-2011, 07:39 PM)JRob Wrote: Count!

Haven't heard from you in awhile. You must be getting along just fine with the hair these days? Good to see you're still around!

Hi JRob .... Actually, since I have a stylist (DiDi) in NYC take
care of my piece (every 2-4 weeks), I haven't thought about
hair much (except on those days when the piece isn't agreeable)
although some day hopefully, I'll move out of NYC and I'll have to
learn to maintain it myself ... I haven't followed the forums.

It wasn't till yesterday when I found several emails saying
BA was out of business, but I had already purchased several
pieces a year ago which had kept me going. Didi gave me 3 stock
pieces for doing her website ... But it's getting time to
order again..... And with John I started out ...He sold me my first
piece and led me through the process ... so I'm back ... ..

BTW: For those who go to DiDi, she only maintains a few stock
pieces. If you want a custom piece (which I miss), you had better
order here. I wonder if John still has my template with the factory.
(10-11-2011, 01:56 PM)EricInNY Wrote: Hey Count, thanks for your info, found her site from toplaces post. I emailed her Thursday but have not received a response yet. I was gonna give her a day or two more than try again. Do you know if she would do my template for me if I made an appointment? I will be sure to tell her the hypnotist sent me. Thanks again.

Call or Text Her Phone Number 646-932-1108... Di Di usually picks up immediately unless she was away for the holiday weekend. She did my original template .. she also does my cut-ins and stylings. She does a lot more than many of the stylists out there for the same fee ....she makes sure your piece matches your underlying hair ...perfectly ... teaches you how to maintain it .... will even put high lights into it ... and it there for emergencies.
10-12-2011, 11:35 AM,
Hi Count, I met you a few years ago at a covention in Windsor. I remember how skeptical you were. lol

You still got the ponytail?
10-12-2011, 03:29 PM,
(10-12-2011, 11:35 AM)buckeye Wrote: Hi Count, I met you a few years ago at a covention in Windsor. I remember how skeptical you were. lol

You still got the ponytail?

Yea ... but the ponytail is shorter now ......
10-13-2011, 05:01 AM,
hey count. you say you usually get 2-4 week bonds right? so do you use a hard bond or is it someting different? because i notice lots of guys here get bonds for a few days upto a week?
10-13-2011, 06:51 AM,
Hi Elvis ... Yes .. Using SuperTape (Low Profile and Regular)
And Ultra Hold Glue ... I do have to do touch ups with the glue ...
but the tape is great. Some of the Tapes they're using gave me
shorter holds too ... and again ... it's the amount of tape they
use ....

I tried 'All Glue' For a year ... made me itchy .. piece would shift ..
didn't feel as secure as with Supertape (or the original best ST-30 ..
no longer available).
10-13-2011, 10:45 AM,
Hey Count, Thanks for telling Didi I emailed her, she found it in her spam email and got back to me because of you. Thanks Again. Got my first appointment with her next Friday, can't wait, hope she can help me out. Now since you have been going to her regularly I just have one question for you. Not sure how to put this but is going to get styled regularly very expensive? Just want to try to get an idea of what I'm in for lol.
10-13-2011, 11:32 AM,
I don't know! She charges different prices. I first went to her when she was working at a Salon and she was getting a certain percentage. If you go to her home, she may charge you different. Again, it has to do with frequency of visits ... etc. I have women clients who spend from 100 to 300 a visit to a salon. Certain women of color go for those extentions and are in the thousand dollar bracket. Compared to what women spend, it's inexpensive ... but again, you have to work that out with her ... I bet you get a much better deal than I do.