Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change an existing piece?
10-02-2011, 01:12 AM,
Change an existing piece?
I was just wondering if its possible for toplace to amend a hairpiece, i.e. add density or add grey etc.... If so how much would it cost would it be worth just getting another piece?
10-02-2011, 08:54 AM,
RE: Change an existing piece?
Do you mean you ordered it too low and it`s a brand new piece? If so, yes it can be returned to the factory--you`d have to ask Toplace for a price. I see Debbie also does ventilating starting at 65$..click `Services`link on her site. If your system is after being worn for a while it`s not worth it..the base will be already well into it`s serviceable life so you won`t be really gaining any advantage by adding hair to an `old`system .....lace bases have a certain life-span before they become prone to fraying etc. so the new hair would probably last longer than the lace.....Paul.
10-02-2011, 09:54 PM,
Thanks, yes it would be a new piece, and sorry but what does ventilating mean?
10-02-2011, 10:20 PM,
Simply a term used to describe the method of adding hairs to a base including angle/direction in which the hairs will lie. Check with Debbie as to whether she also can add grey ...grey hair is synthetic as as not to absorb coloring products in the event of a wearer having to color their hair at some point--I assume she has grey hairs to hand......might be faster than it being sent back to the factory ? Paul.
10-02-2011, 11:42 PM,
thanks.
10-03-2011, 01:55 AM,
Debbie has a ventilator that does the 'light' work. If it needs more than just say a hair line touch up it has to go back to the factory for a hair add. The cost is $75 plus $20 S & H. We don't get a lot of units that go back to the factory for hair add since for a little more than $100 you can get a whole new hair piece.
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com/