Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A few more pics [ Fullcap]
10-02-2011, 08:43 AM,
RE: A few more pics [ Fullcap]
It`s best to have your perimeter ending just below the occipital bone rather than actually on it.
As you are that bit older, I guess you need a density which is age-appropriate and allows for a nice degree of scalp show-through. You see older guys who have naturally thick, relatively full, heads of hair albeit quite grey /white, but usually older men have thinner hair even if most of the head is actually almost fully covered [ not receded much].
I`d suggest you try similar to what I`m wearing.....55% top and sides and 60% on the back....I was thinking /wondering would 50% on top be a little too thin ? If you get a 55% top and you feel it could do with being a little less dense, it can easily be thinned a bit using a hair-removal cream dabbed on carefully to the knots here and there...at least you`d have that option, whereas if you order it too thin, you can`t add hair in, so I feel that`s probably what will work for you--you can always tweak it a bit on a subsequent order...the first order is always a bit daunting until you actually see the finished item in your hand and plank it onto your head to see what the `new`you looks like ! You could ask for a little `extra`graduation at the front [systems are graduated as standard]..that will mean the density will be that bit thinner for the first inch or so thus adding to the realistic visual effect to the casual observer. Hope that helps...regards, Paul.
10-02-2011, 09:54 AM,
(10-02-2011, 08:43 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: You could ask for a little `extra`graduation at the front [systems are graduated as standard]..that will mean the density will be that bit thinner for the first inch or so thus adding to the realistic visual effect to the casual observer. Hope that helps...regards, Paul.

That's a great help, Paul! Yours looks really great.

Do you order any tape taps areas on the back or sideburns or just tape to the lace?

Thanks,

Seven
10-02-2011, 08:38 PM,
Hi Seven... I used to wear toppers with a poly strip around the edge at the sides/back, which was handy for applying tape to and clean up was very easy too. Hair is injected into poly though, and tied-in by hand on lace so it can lead to hair not `lying` in the same direction between the two materials.... I never noticed it though. My Fullcaps are all-lace now....I was tempted to have a bit of poly but the general wisdom seems to be not to. I don`t do a `heavy`bond as I remove this for sleeping. I`m not the most patient of people and have found applying tapes to the system can be `fiddly`...trying to get a start-point on the corners of the backing strips ......the tape can come free from the lace, and I end up annoyed/lose patience with it. What I do now, because I`m so used to it, is apply a few short strips of tape directly to the scalp where I know the perimeter will be sitting.....a newbie could simply make a few light marks on the scalp [ with an eyebrow pencil ] at the edge of the system and apply tapes just inside the marks..... I apply real pressure to the tape to ensure a firm hold....then I `find` a start-point on the backing-strip by running a finger-nail along the edge of the tape...can be a bit tricky, but I have it perfected now. Once a corner `lifts` I simply scrunch/bend it back a bit so that it doesn`t re-stick itself onto the sticky tape again.Once you have all your strips `started`, simply sit your system on and position it correctly, then peel off the backing strip on one,press the lace against it, and carry on with each one until your system is fully bonded on...tape rarely comes adrift from the skin whereas it can tend to come free from the lace..... that`s just me though and my way of doing things..... you`ll find your own after a while..... I`m just so used to it now that I know where to pop the tapes on .....as will you after a while. Paul.
10-03-2011, 01:45 AM,
(10-02-2011, 08:38 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Hi Seven... I used to wear toppers with a poly strip around the edge at the sides/back, which was handy for applying tape to and clean up was very easy too. Hair is injected into poly though, and tied-in by hand on lace so it can lead to hair not `lying` in the same direction between the two materials.... I never noticed it though. My Fullcaps are all-lace now....I was tempted to have a bit of poly but the general wisdom seems to be not to. I don`t do a `heavy`bond as I remove this for sleeping. I`m not the most patient of people and have found applying tapes to the system can be `fiddly`...trying to get a start-point on the corners of the backing strips ......the tape can come free from the lace, and I end up annoyed/lose patience with it. What I do now, because I`m so used to it, is apply a few short strips of tape directly to the scalp where I know the perimeter will be sitting.....a newbie could simply make a few light marks on the scalp [ with an eyebrow pencil ] at the edge of the system and apply tapes just inside the marks..... I apply real pressure to the tape to ensure a firm hold....then I `find` a start-point on the backing-strip by running a finger-nail along the edge of the tape...can be a bit tricky, but I have it perfected now. Once a corner `lifts` I simply scrunch/bend it back a bit so that it doesn`t re-stick itself onto the sticky tape again.Once you have all your strips `started`, simply sit your system on and position it correctly, then peel off the backing strip on one,press the lace against it, and carry on with each one until your system is fully bonded on...tape rarely comes adrift from the skin whereas it can tend to come free from the lace..... that`s just me though and my way of doing things..... you`ll find your own after a while..... I`m just so used to it now that I know where to pop the tapes on .....as will you after a while. Paul.

Great Paul, thanks for all the information!!!

Seven
10-03-2011, 11:42 AM,
(09-23-2011, 03:23 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Hi guys ..took a few more pics yesterday hoping to improve on the picture-clarity and show what 55% density on the sides and top looks like.... varying lighting conditions affect the image ...in some it looks very thin on top but that`s just the camera `seeing through` the outer hair.. the reality is not quite as stark as it looks in the pics.

Hi dear Paul,

I've a question, what do you use for apply the base?

Have a nice day! =))
10-03-2011, 08:10 PM,
Lately I`m just using a few strips of `Walker no-shine`tape ....good firm hold with no visibility through the hair, of shiny tape. I have rolls of `Supertape` to hand which is for strong/long-lasting holds--some people notice irritation from that tape...I`ve not really used it much though.
I also have non-residue tape available, but again haven`t used it. Also a white glue I`ve had a large tub of for a long time.... I sometimes apply a thin layer here and there to the scalp instead of the tapes..... I suggest you have a selection of tapes and at least 2 glues to see how you `get on`with them...different folks different strokes when it comes to bonding products...not everyone gets the same result with a particular item. I also have rolls of `Sensitac`[red roll] for lighter bonds ..just for pottering around the house kind of thing...if I was travelling anywhere away or maybe going somewhere warm ...even the relatively warm environment of a subway system etc. where I`d probably sweat, well then a stronger bond is needed. There are many threads down through the forum regarding people`s experiences with different tapes and glues. Debbie`s site has a brief description alongside each one giving the `strength/expected bond duration` of them.... order a bottle of Knot-sealer too --- it`s under/on the `accessories`link on her site. Paul.
10-04-2011, 06:41 AM,
(10-03-2011, 08:10 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Lately I`m just using a few strips of `Walker no-shine`tape ....good firm hold with no visibility through the hair, of shiny tape. I have rolls of `Supertape` to hand which is for strong/long-lasting holds--some people notice irritation from that tape...I`ve not really used it much though.
I also have non-residue tape available, but again haven`t used it. Also a white glue I`ve had a large tub of for a long time.... I sometimes apply a thin layer here and there to the scalp instead of the tapes..... I suggest you have a selection of tapes and at least 2 glues to see how you `get on`with them...different folks different strokes when it comes to bonding products...not everyone gets the same result with a particular item. I also have rolls of `Sensitac`[red roll] for lighter bonds ..just for pottering around the house kind of thing...if I was travelling anywhere away or maybe going somewhere warm ...even the relatively warm environment of a subway system etc. where I`d probably sweat, well then a stronger bond is needed. There are many threads down through the forum regarding people`s experiences with different tapes and glues. Debbie`s site has a brief description alongside each one giving the `strength/expected bond duration` of them.... order a bottle of Knot-sealer too --- it`s under/on the `accessories`link on her site. Paul.

Thank you Paul, I using strips too, of "Low Profile" and a roll.....

About glues, I use a transparent glue of "BMB Strong Hold" or "Ultra Hold Lace Glue" by Walker Tape!

Like remover I use only "Lace Release" by Walker Tape....... =)))