Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using Pantene or Treseme Products
09-30-2011, 06:12 PM,
Using Pantene or Treseme Products
Anyones opinion on using these products on pieces? Hairdressers will always advise against using them because "they contain a lot of silicon" but a lot of wearers LIKE using silicon products on their pieces...

Opinions???
10-01-2011, 03:07 AM,
RE: Using Pantene or Treseme Products
they contain silicon ?
10-01-2011, 02:29 PM,
(10-01-2011, 03:07 AM)devildan58 Wrote: they contain silicon ?

Yeah, 99% of the hair products you can buy contain silicon of some sort, they are not called silicon, the ingredients vary between cyclomethicone, dimethicone, amidimethicone, anything ending in cone is a silicon however I just found some really interesting information about silicones in hair products... Good and Bad ones.

WATER SOLUBLE
-dimethicone copolyol
-lauryl methicone copolyol
-hydrolyzed wheat protein hydroxypropyl polysiloxane
-every silicone starting with PEG

NON-SOLUBLE IN WATER, EASILY REMOVED BY GENTLE SHAMPOOS (for eg. those based on coco betaine)
- amodimethicone (often combined with trideceth-12 & cetrimonium chloride which makes it even easier to clean away) - a very nice silicone
-dimethicone
-dimethiconol
-beheonoxy dimethicone
-phenyl trimethicone

NON-SOLUBLE IN WATER, HARD TO REMOVE BY GENTLE SHAMPOOS (the shampoo must be left on for a few minutes)
-simethicone
-trimethicone

NEED SULFATES TO BE REMOVE -- It's best to stay away from them.
-cyclomethicone
-cyclopentasiloxane
-trimethylsilylamodimethic one
- trimethylsiloxysilicates

Pantene and Treseme contain all the bad silicones which are always at the top of their ingredient list so I guess I have my answer lol
10-04-2011, 02:10 PM,
Actually, the idea that silicones are bad is a myth. This is especially true with processed hair which has been stripped of the cuticle. The non water soluble silicones coat the hair shaft and form a protective barrier that protects the hair from moisture loss, heat, chemicals in styling products, the environment, etc. That's why the hair is treated with a silicone based product prior to leaving the factory. There really isn't anything better to keep the hair soft and strong.
10-04-2011, 07:33 PM,
So we should be scrapping the expensive wig products and getting the cheap stuff like Tresseme?
10-04-2011, 07:33 PM,
So we should be scrapping the expensive wig products and getting the cheap stuff like Tresseme?
Every single time, my posts appear twice.
10-04-2011, 08:03 PM,
(10-04-2011, 07:33 PM)Hairenough Wrote: So we should be scrapping the expensive wig products and getting the cheap stuff like Tresseme?
Every single time, my posts appear twice.

I think only to the extent of a conditioner. Cheaper shampoos mostly contain sulphates which produce a product with an alkaline pH, even some sulphate free shampoos are too alkaline. Find a shampoo with a low pH about 4 I rekon. So far I have found Alfa Parf have a low pH shampoo which I use, but expensive, if someone knows of a cheaper one Id love to know.
10-04-2011, 09:51 PM,
I think Snipe brought these ones to our attention some time back [however I note it`s out of stock on this Amazon site just now] and you may spot it in some stores/pharmacies where you live..... http://www.amazon.com/L-27Oreal-EverPure..._sbs_hpc_5
10-04-2011, 10:48 PM,
(10-04-2011, 09:51 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: I think Snipe brought these ones to our attention some time back [however I note it`s out of stock on this Amazon site just now] and you may spot it in some stores/pharmacies where you live..... http://www.amazon.com/L-27Oreal-EverPure..._sbs_hpc_5

You cant get them everywhere though. Cant get them in Australia, can't get them delivered to australia from amazon, other places are too expensive to ship to Australia. Pantene is everywhere.
10-04-2011, 11:11 PM,
(10-04-2011, 10:48 PM)anubi5 Wrote:
(10-04-2011, 09:51 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: I think Snipe brought these ones to our attention some time back [however I note it`s out of stock on this Amazon site just now] and you may spot it in some stores/pharmacies where you live..... http://www.amazon.com/L-27Oreal-EverPure..._sbs_hpc_5

You cant get them everywhere though. Cant get them in Australia, can't get them delivered to australia from amazon, other places are too expensive to ship to Australia. Pantene is everywhere.

I have been wearing 44 years !!! I shampoo when I want and with, what ever shampoo and conditioner I have on hand , from the dollar store or the expensive ones like "PUREOLOGY", ( like 40 bucks a bottle ? ) never made a difference on condition of the hair or longevity of the unit !!

johnny/albuquerque