Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
finally wearing, some questions
09-27-2011, 03:15 PM,
finally wearing, some questions
so i finally manned up and am now wearing. guess i am the new member of the familty. made my first attachment with got2b glued since i read about how easy cleanup is. but for some reason i feel like i used way too much, the piece is super stiff and it feels like theres a thick plate on top of my head lol. its not supposed to be like this right? i used a generous amount over the entire area and i cant help but feel some of it got trough the lace and into the hair. doesnt feel comfortable at all, especially not when sleeping with the piece.

that would be my other concern, you guys all sleep with your pieces on right? i read somewhere one shouldnt do this but it may have been in regard to womens hairsystems wich are obviously much more expensive and delicate.

the last thing, wich worries me most, is that my piece might already be shedding. i didnt use any knot sealer, was this a big mistake? it could just have been the lose hairs from cutting the piece into shape... those couple of hairs that become detached or are cut by the scissors. im gonna verify this next time i shampoo the system.

apart from these issues things are good. getting it cut in asap, and hoping the curl straightens out a little, then it will look really really good.

cheers!
09-27-2011, 03:46 PM,
RE: finally wearing, some questions
Well done Waldo; welcome to the club.

Sounds like you did overdo the gloop, but with GTBG it's easily remedied. It was a good idea to use such an easy adhesive to start with.

I think most guys who post here sleep in their pieces. If you go for a light adhesive (like GTBG) and you sleep alone (or with someone who knows you wear) you could conceivably take it off every night, and that would lessen the wear and tear on the wig. But you would be spending a lot of time applying it every morning. Even after a lot of years wearing, I still spend 20 minutes or so getting mine on. Most just save themselves the hassle and live with the wear and tear, which is not that bad. You have probably heard the tip about using a silk pillowcase to reduce wear.

There is always a little initial shedding when you first put a new piece on - it's nothing to worry about yet.
09-27-2011, 07:43 PM,
RE: finally wearing, some questions
Approx a dessert-spoon sized amount of Got2b is sufficient I find..lay it on too heavy and yes it will go up through the lace and give that tight feeling on your head...it`s easily rinsed out ...just stand under the running water in the shower.When the system release, just rinse it by facing the base-side up to the water...there`s no need for shampoo. Got2b is not reliable for the very edge/perimeter and this tends to become free...it`s not a major issue and a little glue or tape especially at the front hairline, will do the trick. I only use a little strip of tape at the front and a strip at each sideburn/flaps area...you`re wearing a topper so there`s no real need to have an all-over bond daily ..the beauty of lace is that it allows air through to the scalp and the skin can `breath`..... simply use a few strips of tape at the sides/back and a bit of glue at the front will do you fine...you`ll settle on your own combination/routine shortly. You have no shedding ....that`s simply loose/stray hairs in the system from the factory and is noticeable for a while after cut-in. Allow your system to settle-in and `trained` into your regular style [maybe 2 weeks] and then apply knot sealer.....go VERY easy with that.....you dab it on and it should not be visible to you....a bottle the size of which Debbie sells is enough to do 8 or more systems...applying it heavily will lead to it going through the lace onto the hair and drying into clumps...tutorial on the`` Info links for newbies`` thread up top there courtesy of Snipe...... if sleeping with it bonded on, use a silk or satin pillow-slip to avoid cotton drying the hair and hair getting snagged and snapping in the `rough`cotton......prolong your system life by avoiding frequent shampooing and use a good leave-in conditioner frequently.....happy wearing.... Paul.