Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hair colour and bleached knots ?
09-27-2011, 12:16 PM,
hair colour and bleached knots ?
Hello,

I came across some old posts in which a seniour forum member orders hair colour 22 R. And then dyes them to 1B ( I guess ) .. But I cound not find the post in wwhich he mentioned about how to protect base and knots from bein coloured..

I am thinking to have origional blond knots and dye hair to 1B..

Any opinions will be appreciated

Mike
09-27-2011, 08:17 PM,
RE: hair colour and bleached knots ?
This is not something I`d bother with [but that`s just me] as it seems like a lot of work/hassle/expense ..... have a look at this link http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?...+hair+to1b and also I`ve narrowed the search down to a few pages [first page is not too interesting] here http://forum.toplace.com/search.php?acti...d=0&page=1 I just couldn`t be bothered with it.... normally dark hair is dyed blond which is harsh enough on the hair and to darken it again involves more harsh chemicals.... I mean it`s your choice, but look before you leap...... Paul.
09-27-2011, 08:58 PM,
Thanks Paul. I will definitely consider ur advice..

Another q. About shedding of hair in 2-3 weeks of use.. My unit's f®ont half has become 40 % density from 65 % and still shedding.. What could be the reason ?
09-27-2011, 09:09 PM,
Hmmm...shouldn`t shed like that at all.... is the hair breaking/snapping off ? If it`s shedding, you`ll see the little curl/knot at the end of the hair if the knots are becoming undone. Normally dryness causes the hair to become brittle and break..leave-in conditioner is advisable.... have you been shampooing frequently? Certainly that level of shedding is not normal at all.... it`s hard to give an exact answer but that level of hair loss is not right at all. Did you apply knot-sealer ?
09-28-2011, 01:38 AM,
Here's my take on it as someone who used to get all blonde and color it dark brown. From what I was told, all the hair apart from black is bleeched blonde anyway, then the dyes are added to make them the various standard colors. Then the hair is ventilated onto the lace and then the knots are bleeched. Blonde pieces do not need to have their knots bleeched s that's one less bleeching process to go through. My blonde units I colored myself always lasted a lot longer. But there is a downside. Coloring a full blonde piece dark can be tricky if you want to get nice and close to the knots without coloring them or the lace. This is where the total solution idea comes in. Order the hair in your color but with the front few cm in 22R. Then attach, cut in and color all of it including your own hair with the same dye (do not use an all in one box, use professional stuff like Wella Koleston). If the dark hair is already roughly close to that of your chosen dye, you don't have to get too close to the knots at all, and you can take care to get close with the front blonde hair and it's not hard at all to keep it off the lace and knots. Spread the colour onto a fine tooth comb and comb it through. This is what I do now and it works brilliantly. You will also get knots at the hairline that are completely invisible unlike if you ordered all brown hair and had a rough bleech job done (or as happens sometimes no bleeching at all).
As for shedding, I've never seen this suggested before but did you know if you do a full head glue bond it help with shedding? The knots are all stuck in a layer of glue while it's on your head and this keeps them stronger and from untying. I could never do a perimeter bond only anyway as the itching would be awful! Full head bond means no itching, protected knots, more secure of a hold and more natural when the hair is parted. I really don't know why so many guys leave 80% of their piece just sitting on their head not stuck down. A good safe glue like invisibond causes no irritation. Tape perimeter (stuck to the scalp) and glue all over, includng over the tape is the best combo I've ever tried. The tape stops the scalp oils getting to the glue and lace on those areas and i get a long hold there.
As for shedding, I've never seen this suggested before but did you know if you do a full head glue bond it help with shedding? The knots are all stuck in a layer of glue while it's on your head and this keeps them stronger and from untying. I could never do a perimeter bond only anyway as the itching would be awful! Full head bond means no itching, protected knots, more secure of a hold and more natural when the hair is parted. I really don't know why so many guys leave 80% of their piece just sitting on their head not stuck down. A good safe glue like invisibond causes no irritation. Tape perimeter (stuck to the scalp) and glue all over, includng over the tape is the best combo I've ever tried. The tape stops the scalp oils getting to the glue and lace on those areas and i get a long hold there.
09-28-2011, 02:08 AM,
I`m not doubting your experience/the way you bond Hairenough, but different lifestyles can dictate different requirements in relation to bonding/amount of glue or tapes etc. I never get itching from not doing an all-over bond... maybe I`m just lucky that way? Doing an all-over strong bond is fine but the clean up can be tedious/time-consuming. I used to have all-poly systems attached at a Salon/club and I`d attend there monthly for a de-bond... they rotated systems from month to month,so there was a clean and re-colored system to hand once they removed the one I came in with..it still took time to clean the scalp of residue [with a citrus-based solvent]followed by a good shampooing of the scalp and they cleaned /spruced up the `old`system at their leisure once I left the place. I honestly feel [and have experienced] that prolonged bonds can lead to health /hygiene issues and scalp irritation....that`s my main reason for not doing an all-over bond. One of the girls at the Salon told me that 2 clients had ended up with scalp infections from the prolonged bonds. I think that for very active lifestyles/gym etc. that letting water at the scalp through the lace will help dilute/clean off most of the sweat, but the bonded area can get irritated under prolonged-bond conditions having been sweating a lot. I know it`s `each to their own` when it comes to bonds/products etc. but that`s been my experience of it and I just put it `out there` so people can be informed of the possibility of such an issue....cheers, Paul.
09-28-2011, 08:01 AM,
Hi Paul. Yes, exactly, we all have different methods. I am also not fond of prolonged bonds and I detach ever 6 days. I think you thought I meant I keep mine attached for several weeks at a time. I'm not lucky when it comes to how long I can keep a piece stuck to my head. I still have most of my hair so there is dense stubble all over my scalp which pushes up through and weakens my bond. So I detach and shave every 6 days and leave my scalp to air for 12 hours or so. I don't find clean up to be hard with Invisibond. 3 good scrubs with Citrus solvent and all the glue is gone. Then I shave and wash with dish soap to take away any oils. I leave for a day to get some air around my scalp (with a loose hat on) and then shave and attach. It works well for me. I do love the more natural look and feel of a full head bond and the extra security. I like to part my hair in random places and shape it up in spikes sometimes and this lets me do that. It is just like having my real hair. I once tried a full bond with ultrahold and it was a nightmare to clean up, a total nightmare. This bonding method really is only good for a nice gentle and easy to clean up glue.
09-28-2011, 08:01 AM,
Hi Paul. Yes, exactly, we all have different methods. I am also not fond of prolonged bonds and I detach ever 6 days. I think you thought I meant I keep mine attached for several weeks at a time. I'm not lucky when it comes to how long I can keep a piece stuck to my head. I still have most of my hair so there is dense stubble all over my scalp which pushes up through and weakens my bond. So I detach and shave every 6 days and leave my scalp to air for 12 hours or so. I don't find clean up to be hard with Invisibond. 3 good scrubs with Citrus solvent and all the glue is gone. Then I shave and wash with dish soap to take away any oils. I leave for a day to get some air around my scalp (with a loose hat on) and then shave and attach. It works well for me. I do love the more natural look and feel of a full head bond and the extra security. I like to part my hair in random places and shape it up in spikes sometimes and this lets me do that. It is just like having my real hair. I once tried a full bond with ultrahold and it was a nightmare to clean up, a total nightmare. This bonding method really is only good for a nice gentle and easy to clean up glue.
Why do all my posts appear twice?
09-28-2011, 08:45 AM,
Hi Hairenough...often wondered why posts appear twice...must be a gremlin in the system. Yeah I guess it`s each to their own...like I just like to sleep with no system on [ I find the systems last longer that way] but I was more thinking above of people who go to gyms etc...as you can imagine, the profuse sweating will obviously be an issue for them.....an
all-over bond will trap sweat under the glue... also we all lose microscopic pieces of skin all the time from all over the body....a porlonged bond will also trap that, so when the thing is finally removed the odour is not exactly like a lavender field ! The pores need to be allowed do their job ....covering your head in glue etc. for a long time will block them and will eventually lead to irritations/redness/itching and possibly infection.....so my point really was that for those who work-out etc. they need to be cautious if, on the one hand, they want the `security`of an all-over bond, and naturally, sweat profusley, and on the other hand don`t do a more frequent de-bond/clean the scalp, it can lead to problems. I think your 6-day cycle is about right.....also as you know, some bonding materials can literally be fine one day and overnight they lose their grip and you end up with a gooey mess to clean, especially in hot weather .....cheers, Paul.