Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
high def system from hairdirect?
09-25-2011, 03:44 PM,
high def system from hairdirect?
what is it? HD24? and how does it compare to an sfs system? the pics look good.. especially at the hairline compared to the other pics on their site. NO knots visible at all and they say something about thinner hairs in the front and a slight transition at the hairline? I would assume all those things are standard in a hair system lol. is tis some kind of marketing thing?
09-25-2011, 07:08 PM,
RE: high def system from hairdirect?
I had a look on the site..it`s simply a Swiss lace base with a graduated front hairline-density[standard on Toplace systems unless you specify otherwise] I`ve never had any issue with knot-visibility, but some wearers like to do their own `extra`bleaching...Debbie sells a kit for doing it, but remember, bleaching weakens hair. So to answer your final question ...the terminology/wording is simply marketing jargon.... Paul.
09-25-2011, 10:03 PM,
lol.. i thought so.. man that kind of stuff steers me away from other places. id rather know what im looking at straight forward and not sales pitched in an effort to mind **** me
09-26-2011, 01:02 AM,
The high definition wigs that HD promote and sell have baby hair at the hairline,that is the only difference really and i am pretty sure everywhere else will accomodate baby hair for you if you ask.
In fact baby hair used to be all the rage a few years ago but to be honest,unless you wear your hair brushed back then there really isn't much of a difference.
09-26-2011, 04:45 AM,
Elvis,
This industry is well know for coming up with fancy names for the units. Richard Farrell calls his units 'ultra custom' and no one else can match his units. He had the 'Farrell Challenge' on his website that challenged any hair supplier to match the quality of his 'ultra custom' systems. Toplace accepted that challenge on June 26 '09 and I still haven't heard from him.
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com.
09-26-2011, 10:49 AM,
haha.. thats funny.. farrell got challenged and disappeared. this is good to know because the hairline of the hairdirect hd24 looked very clean.. its good to know that this product is the same and at a better price. I spike up the hair in my hairline.. do you guys tink i should ask for somebaby hair at the front?
09-27-2011, 01:42 AM,
I saw some pieces with baby hair and it looked just like pubes at the front. The units were just sitting on a table, not on anyone's head but the baby hair was lots of little tight curly pubes. I don't know which company the pieces came from but they looked ridiculous. I'm sure toplace baby hair would be different
09-27-2011, 03:03 AM,
Baby hair can be quite effective on a piece if ventilated correctly.In fact have a look at any of the black womans hair forums for that as this is a great feature that they usually have on their wigs.
Usually the baby hair is quite sparce and is cut slightly shorter to look like a very natural hairline.Again i would say that the only benifit from baby hair is if you have your hair brushed back or spiked.