Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REMOVING CURL
09-24-2011, 01:20 AM,
REMOVING CURL
hi all
just wondering is there anyway of removing curl (slight curl) and make it straight. using straightener will that work and is it safe to use on toupee
many thanks
09-24-2011, 01:41 AM,
RE: REMOVING CURL
http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?...=too+curly
09-24-2011, 02:00 AM,
thanks hersute, have you tried to remove curl and did it work, can you suggest any protective cream/serum thanks again
09-24-2011, 02:34 AM,
There are tons of products on the market that do this. It depends upon where in the world you live to which brands are available.
I would recommend using any well recognised brand.

But if you've not used straighteners before, you really do need to be cautious.

Before going down that route, I would suggest a couple of washes/rinses in hot water, brushing the hair straight and leaving to dry naturally, then combing in to your preferred style.

If there is only a slight curl, this usually will do the trick to straighten the hair.
09-24-2011, 08:10 AM,
I was talking to a hair replacement stylist about this recently and it was confirmed that you should NOT use a relaxer to straighten processed hair. You need to use a gentle perming solution WITHOUT the neutralizer. After rinsing the perming solution out of the hair you simply comb it into the position you want and let it air neutralize for 24 hours before shampooing and conditioning.