Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you been caught?
09-23-2011, 01:35 PM,
Have you been caught?
So I haven't even ordered my first system, but I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for the worst. I wasn't able to find a forum on this exact topic yet, but there are a ton, so I may have missed it. But I'm asking for people's stories where there were "caught" wearing. Whether embarrassing or turned out to be not so bad, I would love to hear other's experiences.

So tell it upfront! Let's hear some good stories! I think it would be good for me and other wearers/future wearers.
09-23-2011, 03:23 PM,
RE: Have you been caught?
There's 105 forum pages, each with 25 lines of different threads-just look through at each heading, that's what I've been doing after just discovering this great wealth of knowledge-it's not rocket science. There's quite a few examples of people asking the same questions as you, or telling their tales of hair misdemeanor. M
09-23-2011, 05:10 PM,
Oh ok. I was just finding trouble finding specific stories of what happened. Most people just say "i thought i was going to be mortified when I got caught but the first time it happened it wasn't bad" or something similar to that. I was just hoping to read some stories about what really happened, whether someone felt it or saw the lace, etc. I've seen a few of those, but they have usually been buried within a thread. Any thread that has multiple stories like that and not just one here and one there?
09-23-2011, 08:18 PM,
I just typed the word `Busted`into the search bar and this is the result [ not all threads are about the topic you are asking about but there are quite a few ] There are 3 pages there.
http://forum.toplace.com/search.php?acti...order=desc
09-23-2011, 10:01 PM,
I'm always prepared for someone asking have I got a wig on, and I say yes. I would never deny it.

I usually tell people I do TV and film extra work and I get more work with a wig on. I tell them, sometimes I wear it while I'm not at work too. Wink

That reply usually works for me. But if no one asks I generally don't say anything.
09-23-2011, 10:48 PM,
what makes people ask you justin? is ur piece easily detectable?
09-23-2011, 11:13 PM,
I wear since more then a year and i never got asked. But if someone would ask i would tell the honest truth. Denying is the worst thing you can do. So if i get in such a situation i tell them i had a depression and i just fixed my problem and it works. But normaly the people i told dont believe me that myhair is not my real hair. They alway say "are you kidding" or "what? really? I never thougt that" and so on.
09-24-2011, 08:07 AM,
To my knowledge I have never been "busted".

If you are going with a longer style full cap and you change it out before the hair reaches the point where it starts to look worn out, the chances of someone being able to tell you are wearing just by looking at you are very slim.
09-24-2011, 09:14 AM,
Justin I totally agree. When I do start wearing I'll be pretty straightforward and say, "hell ya!" if I'm ever busted. I'm the type of kid that does unique stuff anyway, so no one would bat an eye. Plus, I have read several articles saying that people with hair tend to be more successful in their careers than bald people. Sadly bald people aren't taken as seriously (and in many cases struggle with confidence simply because they lost their hair, which in and of itself keeps them from reaching their full potential). So why wouldn't I take a step to be happier and push myself to be more successful!!

And thanks Paul, "busted" was the word I was looking for. No wonder I had so much trouble finding good posts! That word didn't even come to mind!
10-06-2011, 11:24 AM,
Nope, never caught. I even let girls play with my hair if they like. Using a strong adhesive like ghost bond make you very confident in your hair and bond, if you do it well. I just make sure to keep the color match done well, and maintain the hairline.