Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hi guys, im turning 24 soon.. is 65% density enough?
09-22-2011, 06:51 AM,
hi guys, im turning 24 soon.. is 65% density enough?
i dont want an extremely wiggy thick head of hair.. no one knows i have any hairloss due to concealers.. do you think 65 is a good amount? or is it too thin? I never had a ridiculous amount of hair.. more like what an average 24 year old had.. also my hairs were just a little thicker than the average persons. and i sent in a sample with the template
09-22-2011, 09:32 AM,
RE: hi guys, im turning 24 soon.. is 65% density enough?
In most cases 65% is plenty of hair but I have seen several guys transitioning out of concealers who made the right choice by going with a higher density.

Can you post a few pics of what your hair looks like with concealers? It would be a lot easier to advise you if we can see what you are trying to match.
09-22-2011, 10:17 AM,
http://menshaircuts.us/category/front-spiked/

scroll down to the middle of the page. basically that
is that similar? what would you compare 65 to?
so far ive decided to go with 65-67.. but still not sure
09-24-2011, 09:20 AM,
elvis have you already sent in your template? Is this your first order? If so I'd love to see pics once you get the unit. Wishing you the best of luck!
09-24-2011, 10:44 AM,
elvis...looking at that pic [ a style I`d love to wear but it`s too short to replicate with a system] I`d say the top is high-ish ...at a guess about 70%/75% which is ``Medium to heavy`` on the Toplace scale. The sides are slightly thinner..... there can be variances in densities from one system to the next as they are handmade and different ventilators can be a little heavier/lighter but usually not too noticeably so....what I mean is systems aren`t `standard`and can vary from one to another but are normally quite close to whatever you specify. As JRob said..if you post a pic here of your remaining hair we can give you more accurate advice on a matching-density to go for but as you have already ordered I think[?] I guess between 65-70% should work ok ...that would be the high side of `Medium`
09-24-2011, 11:42 AM,
hey guys, thanks for the replies.. i decided to go with 65-70 and if thats too little i will go all 70 with 65 on the sides. john suggested 65.. so i thought id go with that.. i will be sure to post pictures when i have it on.. thanks again.. hoepfully 65 turns out to be perfect density
09-25-2011, 05:33 PM,
(09-24-2011, 11:42 AM)elvis Wrote: hey guys, thanks for the replies.. i decided to go with 65-70 and if thats too little i will go all 70 with 65 on the sides. john suggested 65.. so i thought id go with that.. i will be sure to post pictures when i have it on.. thanks again.. hoepfully 65 turns out to be perfect density

Unless you have Elvis like sides/back you will be fine with 65% density. It will probably even be a little too much. Just try it out, as it can always be thinned to blend in with your real hair.
09-26-2011, 12:57 AM,
Density should be based on what the density you have on the sides and back not your age.
If for example your side hair resembles 60% but around 70% at the back then try and go for 60% and slightly lower on top,maybe 50%-55%, and 65%-70% for the back that way it would be perfectly natural to look at.
Don't think that density is age related as this is a very common mistake made by newbies resulting i something that just screams wig!!
09-26-2011, 05:52 AM,
elvis, im around your age man. i get 70. the lady who cuts my hair as well as my gf say i should go thicker. goes well with the age. hope this helps Smile
09-26-2011, 10:52 AM,
thanks mender and ltb.. i'll try the 65 n if its too little il go with 70 (like mender said) and maybe slightly lower on the sides or back like LTB said