Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cutting new hair and existing
09-20-2011, 03:37 PM,
Cutting new hair and existing
Does anyone know of any good sites or YouTube that shows how to do cut ins with buzzers or something.I'm looking at getting a new piece but whats a good way to do it. seeing a stylist is the best I know but I'm not In an area thAt I can do that so easy.
09-20-2011, 08:20 PM,
RE: Cutting new hair and existing
I wouldn`t attempt a cut-in if you have no experience..chances are you`ll ruin a perfectly good system. Stylists train and get experience over a number of years. I suggest if it`s not practical for you to attend a Stylist in person, you should consider having your system sent to Debbie [if it`s on order /in the `pipeline` John can send it to Debbie who`ll style it for a fee and post it out to you] If you already have it to hand, I reckon you should send it to her yourself. Enclose a few pics of your remaining hair for guidance .... you can then do a little `nip/tuck`here and there yourself if you need to when it`s sent back to you, but I certainly would not attempt a full cut-in unless you know what you`re doing.... a newbie tried it a while back and the pics were a total warning/lesson to us on why we should get a professional to do it.....by all means once you are wearing a while and have a few older systems to hand, you can try `experimenting`. My advice is for the sake of a few dollars have Debbie style it for you as it will be far cheaper than if you ruin a perfectly good system....5 minutes with a razor comb in inexperienced hands = disaster! http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com/ Click the `services`link for info/prices. Regards, Paul.
09-22-2011, 01:18 PM,
Thanks for that, I've worn hair for 15years. Your right it's probably easier to get Debbie to cut. One question, with buzzing your own hair will it leave a length of an inch with the longest attachment
09-22-2011, 08:16 PM,
Hi again.... don`t quite follow your question there, sorry. Can you re-phrase it ? Cheers, Paul.
09-23-2011, 04:11 AM,
I have been wearing hair for about 25 years too and been a barber for 47 years. I have been cutting hairpieces in for 25 years. I dont know how a guy could to it right myself without being trained. Most of the places that sell them to the public dont want you to take it to a professional because they are afraid they will take you from them.

It's kind of like having an artist paint a picture for you or you paint it yourself. If you not trained, it may look as good to the wearer and not to everyone eles. Seldom will anyone on the street or even people that know you well say anything. They dont want to offend the wearer.

If you talk to people and they glance up at your hairline, its a clue.

JR

(09-22-2011, 01:18 PM)ozziepete Wrote: Thanks for that, I've worn hair for 15years. Your right it's probably easier to get Debbie to cut. One question, with buzzing your own hair will it leave a length of an inch with the longest attachment
09-23-2011, 09:44 PM,
Thanks for the replies I was just wondering what sites there are. I at ordering one in the coming weeks. I'll no doubt get it cut in by Debbie.

How short can they be cut cos I am looking at clipping my hair but I don't know how long clippers cut.

I'm not in an area where I can get things done easy so I'm just asking so I can get some feedback
09-24-2011, 06:44 AM,
I have one of those electric [plug-in] hair trimmers ..a good one with a wide cutting edge/ front. What I used to do when I wore a topper and my own hair needed trimming/shortening was I `back-combed `the hair[with the system off the head] so that it stood out almost at right-angles to the head. Sitting in front of a mirror and using a hand-held mirror I could see the back... I just trimmed a little at a time as evenly as I could....the nape hair at the very bottom is the shortest so don`t trim that up too much at all..just go easy there [maybe 1/4 inch at a time]....the hair up near the crown was generally a lot longer so that was the hair I trimmed in shorter.... visualize a side-view of the head with all the back hair standing out almost parallel with the floor.....the bottom / nape hair is relatively short while the hair gets longer as you `go up` towards the crown.... I trimmed it as evenly as possible so that the `top`hair was almost as short as the nape area.... when you comb it back down it`s pretty even and not `gapped` ---you can do the same at the sides..... just take it very slowly at the start..... at least your own hair will re-grow if you go a bit `heavy` as opposed to a system which once it`s cut, it`s cut and that`s it...... my hair was quite thin and `fine` so that`s what worked for me as I didn`t want to be going to a stylist with a topper on and asking for them to `be careful`/ go `around`it in order to cut my own, so I just got into doing my own...got quite `handy`at it after a while..... it`s best to get a good/proper cutter with a nice wide front/blade area as it helps to keep more hair cut to the same length with each cut.....once with only a narrow front will tend to leave a `gappy` effect... paul.
09-26-2011, 04:01 PM,
When I left the club I was really nervous about going out on my own with cut ins and my own haircut.
I found the absolute best combination. I send my new unit to Debbie for a cut in and have never had to even touch it up after I have received it.
I use the Flowbee to cut my own hair. Total time for unattach, clean, shampoo, haircut and reattach, less than an hour and that includes my shower. It took me about that long for me to drive to the club. I reattach every 3 or 4 weeks. I am so liberated I can hardly believe it. To never be held hostage at a club again.
09-26-2011, 08:14 PM,
Hi wiggy.... yep, I was feeling the same / daunting situation to be leaving the `comfort zone`of the hair-club.....now I only regret not leaving it sooner !! The flowbee thing you refer to [ just for anyone who`s not aware of them] ...it looks like a hairdryer but it cuts the hair and suctions the cut hairs off the head.....that thing would be the kiddie for getting a nice even cut without ` gaps`...there are a few videos here [ they get off to a slow start ! ] but there are links there to where you can buy them for anyone who`s living miles from a barber and wants to try `do it yourself` http://www.google.ie/search?rlz=1C1RNPN_...tter+video
The best video is of michigan baldie using one ...hope that `s of interest to newbies. Paul.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDPQa3fL3nI