Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accessory list for extreme newbie
09-20-2011, 08:52 PM,
RE: Accessory list for extreme newbie
Under the accessories link you`ll see `Knot-sealer`..get a bottle of that to seal the knots/prevent shedding. I`d advise you to get a few `alternative`tapes/glues..as you`ll probably have read, hold/bond results vary from person to person depending on your body physiology. I find the `Sensitac` [red roll] tape very easy to work with.....it`s only for short-term bonds but is quite good and very easy and `clean`to work with...Supertape can be very strong and many wearers find scalp irritation from it.... get a roll of Walker no-shine also as an alternative.Some guys are having good results with Oil resistant white glue [Google it] too.....don`t forget your lace-release and glue-melter for your clean ups. It can be a little `pricey` initially when you`re starting off....... but once you have your supplies to hand, you`ll find which ones work best for you and your subsequent orders will be smaller. I`d get 2 rolls of each types of tape...get a lighter-hold one, maybe a medium, and strong....have an alternative glue to hand....ultrahold works fine for some, others find issues with it....again it`s down to `local`conditions. Obviously the longer-hold products which give holds of more than a week will last longer than `weaker` ones.... whatever you decide on, when it comes to glue just order single items [but get at least 2 alternative types] and order your tapes in 2s. I like the Sensitac as I do a nightly removal and I used it last week for holding it for a styling...... what works well for one wearer will not necessarily work the same for another, so you`ll just have to experiment..... Paul.
PS- `Scalp -protector ` is also handy if you tend to sweat a bit or have oily skin...it`s cheap too.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Accessory list for extreme newbie - Paul In Ireland - 09-20-2011, 08:52 PM