Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accessory list for extreme newbie
09-20-2011, 12:36 PM,
Accessory list for extreme newbie
Hello,

I am somewhat brand new to all of this. I've been considering wearing for a few years now...and have decided to take the leap. I'm looking at Debbie's site...and was wondering what quantity of the items I'm going to order would you recommend to start out with? So far my list includes:

Glue Application Wedges

Re-Align

Antimicrobial Scalp Soap

Lace Release

Super Tape (Low Profile) C Contour

Super Tape (Low Profile) 3 Yd Roll

Ultra Hold 3.4oz

Is there anything I'm missing? How long could I expect that list to last? Seems like the worst possible thing to happen is to run out of supplies in the middle of trying to reattach a piece...

This is just for a topper...not a full cap.

Thanks!
09-20-2011, 08:52 PM,
RE: Accessory list for extreme newbie
Under the accessories link you`ll see `Knot-sealer`..get a bottle of that to seal the knots/prevent shedding. I`d advise you to get a few `alternative`tapes/glues..as you`ll probably have read, hold/bond results vary from person to person depending on your body physiology. I find the `Sensitac` [red roll] tape very easy to work with.....it`s only for short-term bonds but is quite good and very easy and `clean`to work with...Supertape can be very strong and many wearers find scalp irritation from it.... get a roll of Walker no-shine also as an alternative.Some guys are having good results with Oil resistant white glue [Google it] too.....don`t forget your lace-release and glue-melter for your clean ups. It can be a little `pricey` initially when you`re starting off....... but once you have your supplies to hand, you`ll find which ones work best for you and your subsequent orders will be smaller. I`d get 2 rolls of each types of tape...get a lighter-hold one, maybe a medium, and strong....have an alternative glue to hand....ultrahold works fine for some, others find issues with it....again it`s down to `local`conditions. Obviously the longer-hold products which give holds of more than a week will last longer than `weaker` ones.... whatever you decide on, when it comes to glue just order single items [but get at least 2 alternative types] and order your tapes in 2s. I like the Sensitac as I do a nightly removal and I used it last week for holding it for a styling...... what works well for one wearer will not necessarily work the same for another, so you`ll just have to experiment..... Paul.
PS- `Scalp -protector ` is also handy if you tend to sweat a bit or have oily skin...it`s cheap too.
09-21-2011, 05:32 AM,
RE: Accessory list for extreme newbie
I would say instead of UH glue get ORWG or Ghost Bond, UH is messy