Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transistion to full cap
09-19-2011, 08:52 AM,
Transistion to full cap
I'm going to be transistioning from my natural hair to a full cap. The hair will have to be about 1/2 an inch all around on the full cap. Can this transistion be pulled off and what do i need to keep in mind while attempting this? thanks
09-19-2011, 10:13 AM,
RE: Transistion to full cap
Have a look at JRob`s site here http://hairjive.com/blog/jrobs-full-cap-...he-cut-in/ The chapter there[7] refers to hair length...in general the shorter you cut the less `forgiving `it can be ..even for a topper....you`d need to have the ventilation spot-on also.
09-19-2011, 05:37 PM,
If you're transitioning to a full cap, I would also strongly recommend purchasing his DVD, too.
09-20-2011, 06:41 AM,
I am assuming that your existing hair is currently about 1/2" long, but if possible you might want to try to go a little longer on your first full cap. The shorter you go the more perfect the unit has to be in terms of ventilation, knots, cut, base size and shape, etc. 3/4" or even 1" would give you a little more room for error.

Dino does a great job getting his units to work below 1/2" at the sides and back, but he's been doing it forever so he has all of the kinks worked out, plus he does his own cut-ins. He has been around lately so hopefully he will stop in to give you some specific pointers on a super short style.