Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Check out my new Cut!
09-03-2009, 08:58 AM,
Check out my new Cut!
]Hi all, new poster. Just got my first Top Lace during week and cut it tonight. What do you reckon? i was always a poly base man but seriously thinking of switching! the big test will be maintenance & sports.... but for realism you cant beat the old lace Smile going to electric picnic (music festival in ireland) this weekend for 3 days camping so interested to see how it holds up. I had fierce trouble getting to stick to my head! tried walker tape and safe grip, but nothing seemed to hold. I looked at some of the old posts to get some clues and residue was the only thing i could see might be a problem but its a new piece, weird. so i used my old reliable Protouch retouch pro... hopefully it wont go too gooey on the lace given there will be more air going to it.. I would like to get at least a week or so out of it, will bring my festival kit regardless!!

[attachment=2]
[attachment=1]
[attachment=0]

Attached Files Image(s)

09-03-2009, 10:22 AM,
Re: Check out my new Cut!
Lyncher,
Looks great! Have fun at the festival!
Regards,
John
09-03-2009, 12:47 PM,
Looks awesome.
Try Supertape next time, also, what are you using to wash your scalp between changes?
09-03-2009, 02:13 PM,
excellent Job!

Do you have temple flaps on that piece or do you just blend in the hair from the piece down onto your temple line?
09-03-2009, 11:23 PM,
hi lads, thanks for comments and advice, in response

to clean in between placement - havent had to yet! but will use the products BA Supplied me, I think its Pure Adhesive Remover., i am not sure how well the protouch will be after about a week, it could be very messy, will try and follow the MAs mirror slide approach and see what else i need to pick off, i will allow about a full hour to clean so patience is a virtue!

in terms of the temples, ya know I have quite thin sides so in past with poly base i had to insert an extra little piece to cover my right side template (thanks for that one god, make me loose my top hair and thin my side hair just a little bit extra on one side. lol) but with the lace i just left a little bit extra hanging down on temples, not much mind, but enough that the hair settles down nicely, I looked at what mr burns had designed and cut the lacce perimeter in a similar why, but dont think i went down as far..

still need a bit of couvre to hide any potential gaps. so my biggest concern about lace is that the couvre over time will contaminate it,,, any tips there lads?

cheers
09-03-2009, 11:46 PM,
that looks great!

did you cut it in by yourself?
09-04-2009, 12:20 AM,
I gave some general specs for the pre-cut, but in general i cut & styled it for about an hour after i placed it to get the lenght and flow right. i have been cutting myself for years on ploy based systems so was pretty confident i could do it but lace is definetly more of a challange to style due to the fact you really need to attach first (unelss you have special kit) I also had to refine the template a bit and cut the perimeter as i got my specs a little off. Key thing is to get your general style specifed in advance and get a pre-cut. then you basically tweak that design once its attached. I used a styling siccors but i know that some folks prefer other methods such as robocut etc. its whatever you are used i guess. I dont think its possible to get it straight out the box cut to your exact expections but im sure that if you can be more specific with templates, style specs, hair lenght, shape & pictures they can do it pretty close, i wanted a bit of flexiblity due to my experience but can definelty see myself being more specific the next time. By the way BA & debbie provide a great service, very fast also, i cant beleive how quickly everything came from the US. also the advice on this forum is incredible. I especialy recommend you look at mr.burns posts for good guides on cutting & styling.
09-04-2009, 06:26 AM,
Not sure if Lyncher mentioned this, But the piece is a stock piece I sent him, Deb cut it in and Lyncher tweaked it and done the rest.
09-04-2009, 08:07 AM,
wow looks great m8
09-04-2009, 08:57 AM,
Hey bro what color is this piece? is it a 1B?