Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Some more Fullcap pics
10-09-2011, 08:06 PM,
RE: Some more Fullcap pics
I only do a `light`bond as I like to take the thing off at night....I initially had some itching around the back and behind
the ears ..... I put that down to the fact that the skin was newly-exposed/shaved there and not `used`to base material
rubbing or slightly chafing against the skin ....... I`ve found no such issues since the first 2 weeks or so[ thankfully!] but
I think once the skin `acclimatized` to the base, and the base itself `softened` after a few washes, it didn`t occur since
then...... certainly it wasn`t painful but I tried not to be scratching at it...... your natural tendency is to go `at`it when an itch happens, but I just kind of pressed the edge of my hand against the itchy bit rather than `scratch`with my finger tips.
Do you think it`s just the texture of the base causing it or is it from the bonding material ? If it`s the glue/tape you could try applying a layer of `scalp protector` [Debbie sells it] or Davlyn scalp protector [ Google it] which is designed to give
a good foundation for your bonding products while preventing them irritating your skin ..... Paul.
10-09-2011, 11:07 PM,
(10-09-2011, 08:06 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: I only do a `light`bond as I like to take the thing off at night....I initially had some itching around the back and behind
the ears ..... I put that down to the fact that the skin was newly-exposed/shaved there and not `used`to base material
rubbing or slightly chafing against the skin ....... I`ve found no such issues since the first 2 weeks or so[ thankfully!] but
I think once the skin `acclimatized` to the base, and the base itself `softened` after a few washes, it didn`t occur since
then...... certainly it wasn`t painful but I tried not to be scratching at it...... your natural tendency is to go `at`it when an itch happens, but I just kind of pressed the edge of my hand against the itchy bit rather than `scratch`with my finger tips.
Do you think it`s just the texture of the base causing it or is it from the bonding material ? If it`s the glue/tape you could try applying a layer of `scalp protector` [Debbie sells it] or Davlyn scalp protector [ Google it] which is designed to give
a good foundation for your bonding products while preventing them irritating your skin ..... Paul.

Its not from scratching, when I say itch I meant irritation from the tape, I think my skin is starting to become sensitive to this stuff Sad
10-25-2011, 09:54 AM,
Hi dear Paul.... =DDD

I like your hair line in this photos, is always french lace?

....but what's are the KNOTS.... invisible in the "hot" zone of hair line?

Thank you!

^______________^
10-25-2011, 08:19 PM,
Hi Landon .. that`s all-French lace. For that non-exposed front style I have no worries about visibility etc. If you intend wearing a more exposed style, you could have Swiss lace for the front part of your system.... I can`t quite understand your second question there .. can you maybe re-phrase that? Cheers, Paul.
10-27-2011, 09:08 AM,
(10-25-2011, 08:19 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Hi Landon .. that`s all-French lace. For that non-exposed front style I have no worries about visibility etc. If you intend wearing a more exposed style, you could have Swiss lace for the front part of your system.... I can`t quite understand your second question there .. can you maybe re-phrase that? Cheers, Paul.

Yes.... Sorry for my english paul! =D

About the hair knots (under the base).... are likes you bought the base? ....or bleaching? ....because in your photos are invisible!

^___________^!
10-27-2011, 09:26 PM,
Oh right ..I understand now ..you mean did I bleach the knots myself ...no, I have never had to bleach knots on any Toplace systems..the factory does a good job, especially at the front there.... the hair color I have is black, which probably would disguise any knots which weren`t properly bleached, but I `ve never had any problems such as knots being obvious to sight. Best wishes, Paul.
10-30-2011, 11:48 AM,
(10-27-2011, 09:26 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Oh right ..I understand now ..you mean did I bleach the knots myself ...no, I have never had to bleach knots on any Toplace systems..the factory does a good job, especially at the front there.... the hair color I have is black, which probably would disguise any knots which weren`t properly bleached, but I `ve never had any problems such as knots being obvious to sight. Best wishes, Paul.

Thank you very much Paul, always kind!

Have a nice Sunday! Smile
11-02-2011, 01:23 PM,
Can you bleach your own knots?
11-02-2011, 07:54 PM,
Plenty of threads/replies regarding knot bleaching here, including links to` youtube` tutorials
http://www.forum.toplace.com/search.php?...order=desc
05-03-2012, 09:53 AM,
Hi dear Paul,

I make the same question that I made to JRob (for a second opinion).......

I have a question for you, about adhesive tape, because I have problem with "Blue-liner" tape that release a lot of residue on my lace when I remove the lace of my hand.

What's the best? ......I look for a good "tape" with minimal residue, what do you recommend me?

Thank you very much dear! Wink