Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Some more Fullcap pics
09-18-2011, 07:17 AM,
Some more Fullcap pics
OK. Took a few today outside in daylight and inside in good light..The first one was taken outside with the digital camera..the next 4 pics are taken with my webcam showing the front hairline as close as I can go while keeping it relatively focused. I tried it with the digital and no way will it take close-ups for me...if you press the capture button halfway down it`s supposed to auto-focus and the viewfinder area goes green to indicate proper focus..it turns red if it`s out of focus.... I can only get `so close` before it goes red---I guess the camera is not top-of -the -range so it has it`s limitations. I did manage to get a few in reasonable focus so hopefully these give a better image when I post them.... Paul.
[system is fullcap ] Have posted some extra/clearer ones further down the page now.

Attached Files Image(s)

09-18-2011, 10:27 AM,
RE: Some more Fullcap pics
Hey Paul,

The hair looks great as usual but it looks like you are having some camera problems Smile A couple of hints for pics:

1. Lighting is everything! The easiest way to get good lighting is to take your pics facing a window that gets a fair amount of indirect sunlight.

2. Play around with the camera's settings. If you notice the next to the last pic the door frame is in perfect focus but the subject (your hair) is blurry. Try using the macro setting on the camera. This will allow the lens to focus on objects that are a lot closer to the camera.

I want to see these things in high def!
09-18-2011, 11:10 AM,
Hi JRob...yeah I`ve tried adjusting the focus settings on the camera and took some under artificial light ..they`re still
not great ...I `ve even adjusted it to cope with incandescent light as opposed to flourescent etc. I`ll wait until tomorrow
and see if I can get better results if there is reasonably good natural light and I can switch the flash off too. I`m determined
to get some better /clearer ones than these above....I`ve even set the capture-size one up from the lowest, so that I don`t have to re-size them on the Laptop...some of the ones posted above looked ok when I had them saved to the Laptop but when I posted them they were less clear...... I thought I`d have no bothers with this Digital camera but it`s not as simple as I was hoping for..... Paul.
09-18-2011, 01:23 PM,
Looking great Paul! Thanks for taking the time to post these!
09-19-2011, 01:50 AM,
Hi Paul,

You are the most helpful person on the forum but if I may poke fun slightly, the worst photographer! lol

The cut in looks good. Good job Paul! Pity the pics are as clear as mud though.
09-19-2011, 04:13 AM,
here are a few more....

Attached Files Image(s)

09-19-2011, 06:37 AM,
That's a lot better Paul! See how much of a difference the lighting makes?

If you really want to dial in future pics make sure the sunlight is diffused. If you take pics outdoors it is best to take them on an overcast day. If you take them indoors take them close to a window (the window being behind the camera) but not with the sun shining directly on your head.

As far as the unit goes, it looks like your stylist knows what he/she is doing. Are they using blending shears after the cut in to stagger the length to mimic a natural growing pattern? The reason I ask is because it looks like this was done and it makes a difference.
09-19-2011, 07:37 AM,
Even when I was taking the outside ones I had the setting on `Cloudy` [ it was at the time] and then the sun came out so I had to re-set it..... definitely the lighting is important... and as you say..you have to stay out of direct sunlight or you get a really strong `glare`off the hair......this system is only styled a few days so it needs to `settle in` yet..... she does a layering-in of the hair[but only uses a scissors] and then a light bit of action with the thinning scissors [not a lot though]..... she styles a lot of mens` hair though so is used to different styles. I must post another pic of the system sitting on a glass head-form and you can see how the density looks[will stick it onto the post above].....someone asked me a question on another thread [ I think it was egghead who asked] as to the density and I said I had just asked for medium...well..I came across the order/invoice yesterday and I had actually specified them -- as follows: 60% on the back and 55% on the rest.[ Am I reprieved Hairenough ?? ;-) ]
09-19-2011, 09:55 PM,
Recently too I`ve found that I find it a bit easier to apply my [few] strips of tape directly to the scalp first, pressing on
very firmly which then allows me to get a `start`on the corner/s of the backing-tape more easily than applying the tape
to the system first.....I know this is not ideal for everyone especially those who require a full perimeter bond right to the
edge ...I only place a strip at the nape immediately above the little bit of growing hair which I have kept there [serves as my `marker`point] and I place a strip down each side at the sideburn area and 2 strips at the front in a V shape to hold the front hairline [you can use contour strips there of course if preferred] With the fullcap I find it`s easier / quicker to position it correctly than a topper and once it`s in position I just tear off the backing strips one by one and stick the lace against it....I`ve always found applying tape to the system first, that when I went to peel off the backing strip the tape also came away leading to me losing patience rapidly!! I find by applying/sticking it to the skin first it seems to hold on tighter / is less inclined to come away and I can get a `start`on a peel-off point for the backing strip much easier..... for those who like a nightly de-bond /`light` perimeter hold try doing it that way as an experiment....after a while wearing, you just get so used to where your perimeter lies, you`ll easily know where to apply the tape strips....regards, Paul.
10-09-2011, 01:07 PM,
(09-19-2011, 09:55 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Recently too I`ve found that I find it a bit easier to apply my [few] strips of tape directly to the scalp first, pressing on
very firmly which then allows me to get a `start`on the corner/s of the backing-tape more easily than applying the tape
to the system first.....I know this is not ideal for everyone especially those who require a full perimeter bond right to the
edge ...I only place a strip at the nape immediately above the little bit of growing hair which I have kept there [serves as my `marker`point] and I place a strip down each side at the sideburn area and 2 strips at the front in a V shape to hold the front hairline [you can use contour strips there of course if preferred] With the fullcap I find it`s easier / quicker to position it correctly than a topper and once it`s in position I just tear off the backing strips one by one and stick the lace against it....I`ve always found applying tape to the system first, that when I went to peel off the backing strip the tape also came away leading to me losing patience rapidly!! I find by applying/sticking it to the skin first it seems to hold on tighter / is less inclined to come away and I can get a `start`on a peel-off point for the backing strip much easier..... for those who like a nightly de-bond /`light` perimeter hold try doing it that way as an experiment....after a while wearing, you just get so used to where your perimeter lies, you`ll easily know where to apply the tape strips....regards, Paul.

How often do you reattach? Do you have problems with the nape becoming itchy to the point its painful?