Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
question about SFS font hairline
09-18-2011, 04:59 AM,
question about SFS font hairline
Hi guys, Im new here and hope to have my life changed pretty soon Smile

i know this question has been asked a few times already.. but I just want to ask it in a different way and added with another question that i havent seen asked on the 104 pages on this forum.

1st. Im new to systems.. im orderingg mine within the next week or two.
I have a gf and i dont plan on telling her about it yet. Im only 24 and im just not comfortable telling her anytime now till the next 6 months. I have a pretty full head of hair that looks thick with a concealer. but now the hair is really thinning and i think its time for a piece. I dont think il find maintaining it so hard as ive had to deal with over a year of toppik.. spending about an hour a day looking into the mirror because i am a perfectionist.. some days id make it look great after being gelled. and some days i woul have to cancel my plans because i just could not make it look great. So i assume i am mentaly prepared now for a system.

My main concern is.... Im planning on getting sfs and since i havent worn a system and i havent seen anyone with one im wondering how the lace in the front goes invisible? i mean it is a physical object.. how far from the hir line to the forehead does it go down? does it stop at the last strand of hair in the system or does it go further? If someone is sitting right infront of you and you two are having a convo at a retty close distance will someone be like. "yo dude, u got some material thing on your head" I learnt so much after researching tis forum.. but i havent fund any clarity on this.
Also, my last question..
You know, when u go to those bowling alleys that have that glow in the dark thing going on? it usually turns ur white clothes green? will that change the color of your lace or not? like should i plan on staying away from black lights and glow in the dark themed places?
09-18-2011, 05:37 AM,
RE: question about SFS font hairline
http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?...k+light%22
Neither the glues, tapes or lace show up under 'black lights'.

Think of the lace more like a pair of girl's stockings/tights.
The lace blends in with the skin and hence 'disappears'.
09-18-2011, 06:42 AM,
That`s a great analogy Hersute.... the lace `behaves` similarly to nylon tights against the skin.
To Elvis : All lace systems come with `spare`/extra lace about 1/4 of an inch in width all the way around....the wearer trims it off with scissors. Some leave a millimeter or two in front of the hair , some trim right back to where the hair `begins`..... so `how far down on the forehead it goes` is down to how you trim it yourself...... I always go back to the hair but that`s just me ...the possible problem with `keeping`some extra lace is that dust/dirt can become stuck/collect on the underlying adhesive/tape and lead to a visibility issue. Regards,Paul.
09-18-2011, 09:53 AM,
thanks a lot guys for the replies! im so excited now for this new stage of my life.. so no one is going to be like yo, whats that shit on your forehead? lol.
09-18-2011, 11:23 AM,
Certain hair products like waxes & gels DO glow in the dark though!
So you could make a feature of it!
PS. Like Paul, I also cut my front lace off as close as possible to the hair.
09-18-2011, 02:15 PM,
I'm also interested in how the lace disappears. Would it ever be noticeable if someone is sitting very close to you? Or in direct sunlight etc? I've seen lot's of impressive pictures from people but i'm unsure how a system would really look in person. How detectable are they in close proximity with the lace?
09-18-2011, 03:56 PM,
Its hard to explain in writing, but the lace presses down in to the glue and is no longer visible.
Properly attached, the lace isn't what would give a hair piece away.
Think Beyonce. All her hair styles are lace front wigs.
What will usually give a hair piece away will be:
A mismatched colour/texture.
Hairline too low on the forehead.
The piece having way more hair (density) than your natural hair at the sides & back.
A poor haircut.
09-20-2011, 02:35 AM,
The women's pantyhose analogy is not a perfect one. The lace is more open-textured and less substantial than pantyhose, and unlike pantyhose it sinks into the thin layer of glue, so that it is virtually invisible. In my experience with a Swiss piece I need to put my head right up an inch from the mirror and move it around to try to catch the light the right way before I can see anything, and even then, if a little bit of the mesh pattern is perceptible, only another hairpiece wearer would realise what it was. To the average Joe it would just look like dry skin or big pores. I leave about a half- centimetre of bare lace at the front of my piece.
09-20-2011, 03:42 AM,
Yes, I never meant to imply that the lace was like a pair of stocking/tights in texture & design.
I was merely using the fact that they can blend with the skin and become imperceptible to describe how the Swiss lace works & disappears.
A few errant hairs brought forward eliminates the detection issue mentioned above.