Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wearing and Contact Sports
09-17-2011, 12:56 PM,
Wearing and Contact Sports
Hi,
I just wondering if anyone here wears a system and plays any contact sports such as Rugby, Mixed Martial Arts or Wrestling. I wear a SFS and use tape, I wanted to get back into some of these sports but I am obviously nervous about the obvious happening due to all the contact. Does anyone have any experience with this?
thanks
09-18-2011, 12:54 PM,
RE: Wearing and Contact Sports
Sounds risky.
But what do I know?
Closest I get to sport is Athletes Foot.
Sorry.
09-18-2011, 02:18 PM,
I play rugby, but I wear a scrum cap. On one occasion I have had the cap grabbed very violently in a way which caused the piece underneath to be ripped and a few hairs to fall out. Nobody saw anything suspicious though - so no detection implications, and I was able to repair the tear afterwards.

Just common sense really. You are wearing a piece of fine netting stuck to your head with hairs tied to it. If someone grabs and pulls your hair it could tear the mesh or pull some hairs out. You have to protect against that. Unlikely that they could pull your whole piece off though.
09-19-2011, 09:41 AM,
I do Kenpo Karate and one of the self defence techniques we do is against a hair grab.This isn't a problem for me as I have a short cut and use a combination of Blue Lace tape and Ultra hold.
Don't let wearing hold you back from doing sports that you enjoy.
09-20-2011, 11:50 AM,
Tape is the king! If you have good tape, you don't need to worry too much I reckon Smile