Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question for Snipe
09-16-2011, 05:00 PM,
A question for Snipe
Hello Snipe,
Would you be so kind as to tell me the specs that you used for ordering the following hair system : http://s768.photobucket.com/albums/xx325...age021.jpg . This is very much what my hair looked like before and what I now wish to achieve.
Thank you,
Torontonian
09-24-2011, 02:25 PM,
RE: A question for Snipe
... where did snipe go
09-24-2011, 03:30 PM,
why is that system so detectible? i hope he doesnt go out like that.. i dont mean to be rude.. im new with systems.. but thats not the end product of an attatchment is it? i dont know too much about ystems but maybe the knots are too visible or the lace or skin? can anyone know why?
09-24-2011, 08:12 PM,
Hi Torontonian..... I see your post/question is about a week old...snipe was active/busy on here recently so not sure why he hasn`t replied...maybe he`s travelling with work or something like that. In the meantime I`m sure you`re probably anxious to crack-on with your template etc. and get it sent in. I wouldn`t worry /get bogged down too much with specifications...... just pick a style which matches your wishes from this site http://www.hairfinder.com/menshair.htm [and enclose it/ attach to an e-mail to John]
and which is a `normal`style [ some young guys can get away with really outlandish styles but they have all their own growing hair] .....just pop a pic of your remaining hair in with your order or e mail it to John and he`ll know what density to specify if you`re not too sure.....the main thing is to get a nice Template made and take a good hair-sample for color -matching. I think [to answer elvis there] the camera is picking up on the glue/tape at the front there which is slightly shiny [that`s one of the possible issues with wearing a swept-back style] and the hair density is high too....cameras can make things look a bit `artificial`at times...I`ve often found that to be the case when I take pics.....the look in reality is far more forgiving than certain camera shots can be. I`ve been using some strips of `Sensitac`[the red roll for lighter holds ---- it`s on Debbie`s site] and I can see shine from it when I look under certain angles/if the hair is parted there above the tape..... Walker no-shine tape is exactly that, though is much stronger hold than Sensitac and I like to do a nightly de-bond so it`s a bit of a catch-22 situation !! All part of the fun of wearing !! Paul.
09-25-2011, 12:13 AM,
thanks paul.. i love your commitment to helping answer questions here! so you say higher densitis can leave this look.. is 65% in that range? cuz thats what i ordered. *fingers crossed*
09-25-2011, 12:52 AM,
Hi again elvis.... I work from home so am logged onto the net nearly all day so it`s no bother for me to have an occasional look at the forum and do a few replies ...I know how daunting this can be for many and I also hate to see people getting ripped off by greedy people in the world who prey on the fact that people feel vulnerable with hair-loss and take advantage....wearing need not be a huge ordeal....yes it`s not as good as having all your own hair, but it`s the next best thing... a good template and a decent cut-in are key to success..the bonding and de-bonding can be a learning curve and you have to be prepared to experiment with various bonding products until you find what suits you best. If you look very closely at the pic., you`ll see kind of `islands`of hair but it`s the dark color which gives the appearance of a high density..snipe can confirm what the specs were on that system when he reads the thread, my guess is that it`s not much more than 65-70% range but appears to have styling-product through/on it which can give a `thicker`appearance. The way it`s styled too gives a fuller appearance and doesn`t necessarily mean that this particular look is the way a certain density will`behave`.... I always think the swept-back styles can be less forgiving then more `casual`ones, which is why Freestyle is so popular...easier to work-with for many. That system was probably very new too when the pic. was taken ..once they settle in /have had a few washes, you`d be surprised at the difference.... Paul.