Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
change full cap into a partial ; cutting the lace
09-05-2011, 09:56 AM,
change full cap into a partial ; cutting the lace
Hello,

I want to change my full cap system into a parital one (I should even say into a topper). I was wondering how to do it right. My hair are really close shaved so there's no hair to blend on the side but we see my hair, it's not white. I saw Jrob's thread with his mohawk and also timguyperson's one and I'm still wondering how to cut the lace without ruinning my system.

I was wondering how to do someting like that, my fullcap is even longer, so no big deal (as, I believe, the haircut does count while cutting the piece... and yeah my hair are exactly as short on the sides) :

[Image: beckham-short-back-and-sides.jpg]

(and this is definetly a hair piece)

Thank you!
09-05-2011, 10:29 AM,
RE: change full cap into a partial ; cutting the lace
Put your piece (upside down, lace up) on a styro head and pin your template onto the piece to secure it. Then using cuticle or nail scissors simply cut around the template little by little, being very careful not to chop the hair. You want to cut the lace only. So basically stick the blade of the tiny scissors under one of the holes in the lace and cut. Keep doing this little by little and always be lifting up on the blade to know that you are cutting just the lace. Takes about 10 minutes. Also, make sure you keep don't cut the hairline of your full cap, that should probably stay the same. Just cut everything behind it to the exact size of your template.

When you're done you'll have a perfectly fitted topper.
09-05-2011, 02:44 PM,
You have to be SUPER careful with that though! And why not let your hair grow out? My hair does kinda look like that on the sides though. Who is that pic of?
09-05-2011, 03:11 PM,
If you don't have much hair to blend the unit into cutting the base is going to be the least of your problems. It takes a lot of skill and the right kind of balding pattern to pull off a style like that with a hairpiece. If you are a Norwood 4-7 it is going to next to impossible because your balding pattern extends below the crown of your scalp.

If you do decide to cut the base there are a couple of ways to do it. Some people use scissors but I always use a sharp x-acto blade when I am cutting into the base where it has hair tied in it. It's all about perfecting the technique of holding the base without allowing any tension on the hair and then using the very tip of the blade to cut the base from the underside. The first time you try it it might seem awkward but when you get the hand of it you can safely and quickly trim the lace without having to worry about cutting the hair.
09-05-2011, 05:05 PM,
If you cut the base thin will it look the same?
09-05-2011, 08:08 PM,
Is that not that British football-player David Beckham? If it is him [I`m not a sports fan] he`s always coming out with `new`hairstyles as part of his image...he went totally bald at one time ..also has a penchant for covering himself in tattoos...he`s all `image`.... to the best of my knowledge, he does not wear hair as he has all his own. However, another well-known British football personality has recently revealed he`s paid huge money for a hair-transplant....he`s on mega-bucks anyway so it`s only like pocket money to him, but you guys might like to have a read of these two items: http://www.hairtransplantsurgery.ie/inde...Dgodcz2Y2A
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/new...plant.html