Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rekon you could do this style with a full cap?
09-04-2011, 02:50 PM,
Rekon you could do this style with a full cap?
Rekon this is achievable with a full cap?

Attached Files Image(s)

09-04-2011, 09:29 PM,
RE: Rekon you could do this style with a full cap?
That would be tricky..it`s very short and tight in to the head at the sides and back --you`d have to get the ventilation spot-on. The hair changes direction too..from the crown it`s forward and down, and then above the ears, it `swings` backwards...the density is quite thin in front of the ears too...would be tricky to replicate...a better idea would be to `follow`the same hair-direction as it flows from the crown and the same density..... the top 2/3rds and front bit would be really easy to get... I`d simply go more straight down at the back from the crown, and forward and down towards and in front of the ears, with a slightly higher density than that in the pic...just my thoughts on it...cheers.. Paul.
09-05-2011, 03:00 PM,
I agree with what Paul said.

Actually I think you might be able to pull off something similar to that but the density would have to be perfect and it would have to be done with small, well bleached knots. Even then the only way you to get the hair to go exactly where you want it to you would probably have to treat it chemically, and that's a whole other can o' worms.

Keep in mind that increasing the length of the hair in the nape and on the sides will make it exponentially easier. This particular style is definitely not something you want to try until you have a lot of experience under your belt though.
09-05-2011, 03:03 PM,
JRob... I am not sure what you mean. Maybe I don't have a good eye yet, but what is different about this style than others???
09-05-2011, 03:19 PM,
Mainly the length and density of the temples/sides/nape. The factories generally don't put as much attention to detail in these areas and even if they did it would be difficult for them to imitate the natural growth patterns that can be seen when the hair is that short.
09-05-2011, 05:03 PM,
Good to know... I was thinking about a full cap... however, now I am not sure.
09-05-2011, 08:29 PM,
Jordo06....generally --even with toppers, the shorter/tighter in to the head that you go the harder it is to pull off...as JRob has said, the factory can only `` do so much`` and it would be very difficult for them to replicate that exact growing -pattern and you`d probably still have to use perming chemicals to get it to lie that way at the back etc. Some guys can and do wear their system hair quite short, but usually the hair is lying in the same direction as the remaining growing hair...changes of direction as in the pic. would be quite problematic....keep it as simple as you can if you are a newbie until you become more accustomed to the whole wearing/styling game... fullcaps are fine if you go for a more `straightforward`style --easier to cut-in/style and wear.....regards, Paul.