Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Newly-delivered Fullcap [not cut-in yet]Pics
09-04-2011, 08:57 AM,
Newly-delivered Fullcap [not cut-in yet]Pics
Ok guys...again, just as a matter of interest for newbies a few pics to show what a medium-density system looks like. I have a glass head-form which I sit my systems on overnight so just in case you`re wondering what it is ;-) The hair -length is 4-inch, black [color 1] medium density and forward ventilation on an all-French lace base. You`ll note the `darts` and join-lines on the base which are put in so that it fits the contours of the head [taken from the Template] I have not yet trimmed off the excess[ `empty`] strip of lace which comes with all systems....some guys like to leave a few[ 2 or 3 ]millimeters of lace in `front`of the hair-line rather than trim it right back to the hair itself..again it`s a matter of choice....if wearing an exposed or `swept-back`from the front style, you might be better off trimming right back to the hair as dust/dirt can accumulate/stick to the tape or glue directly below the lace at the front and lead to a visible `line` which needs cleaning. I `ll give the hair a gentle light shampoo and allow to dry naturally in the next day or two to remove any factory silicon residue from the lace and help the hair to `settle`in and give it a few comb[brush] throughs...will get it cut in next week sometime and post more pics then. The pic where my fingers are visible is taken from the inside [through the base] showing the lighter density through the lace. Hope they are of interest.. Paul.
[Crown /right-side area is the last pic..you can pretty much see through the hair--this will allow good scalp show-through when wearing]

Attached Files Image(s)

09-04-2011, 01:29 PM,
RE: Newly-delivered Fullcap [not cut-in yet]Pics
Al I can say is WOW..
Congrats pauls, I'm excited to see it cut and styled
09-04-2011, 04:12 PM,
That piece looks great Paul!
Can you show a pic of your template?
09-04-2011, 07:55 PM,
Will make an appointment with the stylist for later on in the week younggun.... I often go in last thing on Saturday so no-one there .... will post the pics. as soon as it`s done.
Jordo06.... Template is at the factory but you can see it on this link [ignore the black marker line especially at the back as I didn`t trim the Template back to that at all..just left it at the size shown apart from a little bit at the temple area....trimmed a small bit back there]...
http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=4251
09-05-2011, 02:52 PM,
What density is that Paul?
09-05-2011, 05:08 PM,
Rad look dude! If you don't mind... what is your age?
09-05-2011, 07:55 PM,
Medium density JRob [you missed it there on the first line :-)
I`m 50 yrs jordo06, therefore a medium is the max. I could realistically wear for it to look `normal`... have a look at this old post showing pics of when I used to wear a topper and how thin my growing hair was then, which is why I`m now in the full-cap club ! paul.

http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?...r#pid28477
09-07-2011, 01:21 AM,
Just made the appointment for this coming Saturday afternoon for the cut-in --- will do pics on Sunday....cheers all, Paul.
09-07-2011, 02:02 AM,
Hi Paul, do you have pictures of your final template? I was wondering how much of your own hair you are using. I know you're using nape hair, but how much, and are you using hair above your ears and above your side burns at all? Or does the piece cover your entire temples.

I'm going to make a template and take the plunge, and I would like to use yours as an example as a) I would like to keep some fringe hair to help blending and b) you full cap looks really good.

Thanks
09-07-2011, 07:09 AM,
Hi expriest... I took a few pics this afternoon which will probably be of interest to you in deciding how to approach this ..I`ll post them on a new thread to save this one becoming too cluttered with pics....meanwhile, here`s a link to the template....the last 2 pics are more or less what I finally settled-on as shown ---ignore the black marker ..when you make your template, even for a topper, you initially cut it out with excess material on it having firstly marked [with black marker] where you reckon the perimeter will be.... when you sit it back onto the head you have a look to see where the edge is in relation to the hair you will be keeping..if you need to trim a bit off you do so bit by bit ....the black marker as shown in my pics was not actually the `finished product` line........the actual edge you can see there is what I went-with...... it can be a bit hard to see properly when you have a whole load of material on your head and tied under your chin ...it`s only when you cut off the initial amount that you can `see`better....hope that makes sense.....
http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=4251