Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
full cap-keep sideburns or shave them off?
09-03-2011, 03:51 PM,
full cap-keep sideburns or shave them off?
I saw a pic of snipes full cap upside down with tape attached to it, he seems to shave his sideburns off and have his full cap WITH sideburns. I have always kept my sideburns and cut the sideburns off the wig because I always thought it would be impossible to get the FAKE sideburns to look real. I keep my burns very short and you cant do that with a full cap right?
09-03-2011, 08:15 PM,
RE: full cap-keep sideburns or shave them off?
As far as I remember he has a topper with temple-flaps,so, not in the Full-cap zone yet ! I kept the lower part of the side burns just as a `foundation` for the system hair to sit down/onto just as a better optical effect--works quite well .. I`d keep even half an inch of growing hair just there just in case the system hair tends to lift a bit .... it`s not as noticeable then.. Paul.
09-03-2011, 10:18 PM,
even if you cut your natural and replace it or you use your natural you should have sideburns as a male...Sometimes I see people with their shaved sideburns...looks weird...inmo.
09-04-2011, 01:07 AM,
I don't where a full cap, just a topper with flaps.

I don't shave my sideburns.
09-04-2011, 02:27 AM,
http://s768.photobucket.com/albums/xx325...AG0045.jpg

http://s768.photobucket.com/albums/xx325...AG0061.jpg
09-04-2011, 08:08 AM,
The problem with full cap sideburns is that facial hair has a different texture. When you order sideburns on a full cap the factory is going to tie the same kind of hair in that area that they do the rest of the unit. Your best bet is to utilize some of your own facial hair. Really adds to the realism.

Here is a shot of me with a full cap that integrates with my beard. I don't have a full on side shot but you can see how the facial hair helps add to the overall realism.

[Image: IMGP4486.JPG]
09-04-2011, 01:40 PM,
(09-03-2011, 10:18 PM)andrei_eremenko Wrote: even if you cut your natural and replace it or you use your natural you should have sideburns as a male...Sometimes I see people with their shaved sideburns...looks weird...inmo.

I agree but the sideburns that come with the full caps never really look that natural, would have to keep the hair long in those areas which would look weird on me.
09-04-2011, 02:24 PM,
I really like your beard JRob... Big Grin
09-05-2011, 02:43 PM,
(09-04-2011, 02:24 PM)younggun Wrote: I really like your beard JRob... Big Grin

Thanks!

It really helps tie things together. And you don't even have to go with a full beard to get the same effect. The sideburns on my full caps are small (they extend about .5" below the arch of the ear). These "stubs" tie in with whatever facial hair I have at the time. I started out tying it in with small sideburns but I eventually decided to grow out the full beard and that really seemed to work for me so I have been rockin' the beard ever since Wink
09-05-2011, 05:04 PM,
That looks good dude!