Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any wearers in a same sex relationship?
09-06-2011, 06:23 PM,
RE: Any wearers in a same sex relationship?
MisterD:

I am strongly considering going the full cap route as my own hair is shot and every time I look at it relative to my topper it just gets me so depressed. What's more is that I had transplants (lots of them) over the last 15 years which has left me with a scar and some scalp issues so shaving my head, which I have done, isn't a great option for me. I have come back to wearing hair for the 4th or 5th time now. But every time I end up with the same issues and the cycle continues. I absolutely hate the fact that I have to wear. The money and the time and the stress is just so much. However, like I said, I don't really have another option at this point which is so depressing. I'm in a catch 22 and have been for most of my adult life. I know my friends and family wonder why I prefer to be alone so much, why I am constantly making excuses to not be social, why I am 36 and have no gf or wife, and it all adds up to a pretty damn heartbreaking existence. Posts like youngun's and Paul's really inspire me, I just hope I can nail this wearing thing finally (psychologically and in terms of skill). Like Anubi5 said, I want to not care, I wish I could not care, but you can't really force it, you can't always tell yourself how to feel.

Anyway, I got off track there, but I wanted to ask you: what is so difficult for you about wearing a fullcap. What do you find is your biggest barrier to getting efficient at it and happy with the way it looks? I know that when I get good attachments and I look good, I'm really happy and couldn't care less about wearing. But when it looks bad my whole world view changes for the worse. Unfortunately I haven't gotten to the point where I get consistent results. When it looks good I go out and feel like a new person, like my true self, but like I said, it's seldom that that happens. Most of the time I just wear a hat because my hair is looking like crap. I'm still holding on to the belief that it's my ability that needs to improve and then I will be ok with it. I think wearing for some of us takes a lot of hard work to get right. Others are craftier and take to it much more easily. I've committed myself to get good at wearing before I write it off for good.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any wearers in a same sex relationship? - expriest - 09-06-2011, 06:23 PM