Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help for my brother full cap
09-03-2011, 02:16 AM,
help for my brother full cap
Hi guy, my brother (23years old) has seen the piece i receive and would like to give a shot to a full cap ( he doesn't speak english very good that is why i am writing..)
so we made is template today
and he knows the style he wants

[Image: Ashton-Kutcher_article_portrait.jpe]

[Image: sansre1pho.jpg]

i think it is not to difficult to go with but i need help because i am not a wearer yet ( i got oen piece but i order a new one ( changing the color and to get a back up one before taking the plunge..)

so he needs a fullcap because his side are just... not possible...

so for the lace : french lace evey where except for the hair line would be good no ?

what density and curl do you think he should go to ? ( he is 23..)
do we have to ask for less density on the side than on the top ? ( to avoid the wiggy look ? ) something like 75% on the top would be good no ? how about the side and back ?
thx a lot guys
09-03-2011, 03:40 AM,
RE: help for my brother full cap
Hey, that's also the style I want, and I'm 22 Smile
09-03-2011, 05:12 AM,
Hi Paris.... if you enclose the first pic. there it will help get the result he requires... as that style is non-exposed [hair is totally forward] there is no real advantage is getting a Swiss-lace front unless he is concerned about detectability to the touch......French lace is a little `heavier` but to be honest, not too much so, and is more robust in wear. I wouldn`t go higher than 75% on top, with maybe 65% on the sides and I`d suggest 70% for the back [crown-to-nape area]....that should give an overall `natural`look......just mark the hair -direction required on the template by drawing arrows and writing on your percentages ...it`s a good idea to add sellotape over them to prevent them becoming worn/wiped off in transit and when being handled...some markers are not `permanent`. That will be an easy style to have cut-in and wear...... specify body-wave. The main thing is to get the template correct especially at the temple areas and have the back perimeter coming in just below the occipital bone [that`s the round bone you feel just above the nape itself--at the base of the skull] I have received my 2nd Fullcap yesterday which is medium density and will post a few pics tomorrow on a new thread.. I`ll get it cut-in next week sometime and will post more pics then too....just as a matter of interest for anyone considering going Fullcap. By the way --have you looked at the Toplace homepage? There are translation options there for 8 different languages including French...just click on the appropriate Icon/link below the brown circle there which say`s `` Toplace since 2003``---that will make it possible for your brother to read the forum. A picture paints a thousand words though, so make sure to enclose it with the Template...best wishes ... Paul.
09-03-2011, 09:30 PM,
thanks a lot paul for your help

just a question, how do i draw the hair direction ?
foward on the top, and straight down on the back how about the side ?
(should i ask for a freestyle ?

thank you very much
09-03-2011, 10:55 PM,
Just mark/draw little arrows, to show the direction in which you`d like the hair to lie, on the various areas of the template, but the picture will be of greater help/use to the factory. The style shown in the pic is` forward from crown `so no--not freestyle, because you are specifying a specific ventilation. Regards, Paul.
09-04-2011, 07:59 AM,
Hey Paris,

I am thinking about trying a similar style sometime in the future. That really is the easiest style to achieve with a full cap (or any hairpiece for that matter).

He could probably get away with 75% if the density comes back spot on but as you know it's not an exact science so if it came in a little too thick that would be a LOT of hair. I always try to err on the side of caution and shoot for a little lower density. With a moppy style like that it is still going to look like a lot of hair.

Post some pics when you get it all sorted out!
09-04-2011, 08:25 AM,
JRob is right--that style is SO easy to achieve with any hair system. I assume your brother is relatively young? If so, he`ll be able to `carry off` a slightly higher-ish density --in the event that it needs to be thinned out a bit, that`s easy enough to do by dabbing on `dots`of hair-removal cream but, as JRob was saying--this is not an exact science.... it [density] can vary depending on the individual ventilator..... I had to do a lot of thinning on the first full-cap ..it was definitely quite a lot higher than I required.....but to be honest, even though it`s a bit tedious, I`d rather be having to thin it than looking at a system which was lacking hair when it arrived i.e. too thin/light ....in that case all a person can do is send it back to have more hair added which will further delay being able to wear it.....I`ll be posting some pics on a new thread this evening showing the new [non cut-in yet] fullcap which arrived this week. Paul.
09-06-2011, 12:02 AM,
hi thank you guys for your help. yes he is 23.
so i ask for 75% everywhere or 75% on the top and 70 on the side /back ?

thx again
09-06-2011, 05:29 AM,
As JRob said above--- `he`ll get away with 75% on top if it comes in[back] spot-on`.. however, if the ventilator get`s a bit `carried away`... it will seem quite thick/heavy.... Toplace densities are a degree heavier than the equivalent on many other system-suppliers.... 75% on Toplace is equal to 100 % on `others` therefore if the ventilator goes a bit heavier, you can end up with a really heavy-looking head of hair, which you`ll most likely have to thin out a bit. I`d go with 70% on the top, 75% on the back [crown to nape ] and 65% on the sides.... it won`t really be too obvious to the eye as such when you take it out of the envelope on delivery-day, but it will help to give a nice finished -look, once styled-in. Order a graduated front too [they normally are graduated anyway] Younger guys can get away with higher densities but to be honest, there`s no point going too high just for the sake of it----- a medium density gives some scalp show-through in places and looks way more natural and `real`... that`s where the lace comes into it`s `own`as it`s practically invisible to the casual eye among the hair... I like to have that little bit extra density at the back as it allows the stylist to layer it in and thin[ moderately if required] here and there with a thinning scissors. Just mark your densities on the Template as appropriate and some arrows for the hair direction ,especially at the back and enclose your pic. They generally seem to get it pretty much accurate anyway....best regards, paul.
p.s.--cover over any marks you make on the template with a layer of sellotape to prevent them possibly getting smudged or even wiped off when being handled. Also, you might like to request no name-tag to be attached to the system at the back [they ALWAYS stitch them on] ..I`ve found they put them very near the perimeter and they feel a little `bulky`and can be a bit `` in the way`` if you are using tapes there at the nape.. I forgot to request none on my recent order...I know some guys cut them off with a blade but I`m wary of slicing the lace there by accident--- it`s not a `major`drama but you might prefer a `clean`perimeter -line.