Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not exact colour match help?
08-30-2011, 08:20 AM,
Not exact colour match help?
Hey guys, got my second system recently, but the colour is not the exact same as my own hair, any tips or advice on what i should do? is there any product that will slightly lighten the system hair?
any feedback would be greatly appreciated,
Godbless
08-30-2011, 07:46 PM,
RE: Not exact colour match help?
Hi again... I assume the system hair is a bit darker than your own as you ask how to lighten it...depending on how much of a difference there is, there are a few things you can do... firstly all new systems can look a bit `stark` against the growing hair, as they are new/fresh etc..you can give it a strong-ish shampooing, say twice, and that will lift some of the color from it... if it`s still noticeable, you can disguise it by using wet-look gels [ Lòreal `Invisifix` is a good one] on the growing hair mainly and a bit less on the system hair, or failing that, you can use a little coloring agent on your own hair to darken/deepen it`s color a shade or so.... it`s easier to apply those to your growing hair than to a system because when coloring systems you have to be careful to avoid getting it onto the lace and staining it.... I often had to do that kind of `tweaking` in the past even with salon-supplied systems....when I`d get home after a fitting, I`d be casting a `critical`eye over it and would see a difference in color-blend which annoyed me...I often put a bit of color in my own hair to deepen it a degree or so and was always happy with the results... usually you can leave them in/on for about 15 minutes or so, but for your first time doing it, maybe go for a shorter time [7 or 8 minutes] in case it goes that bit too deep...see how it looks and you can re-apply if you think you need it.....you`ll find as time goes on with your system and oxidation /washing etc. that any color difference will be far less noticeable... Paul.
08-30-2011, 09:57 PM,
(08-30-2011, 07:46 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Hi again... I assume the system hair is a bit darker than your own as you ask how to lighten it...depending on how much of a difference there is, there are a few things you can do... firstly all new systems can look a bit `stark` against the growing hair, as they are new/fresh etc..you can give it a strong-ish shampooing, say twice, and that will lift some of the color from it... if it`s still noticeable, you can disguise it by using wet-look gels [ Lòreal `Invisifix` is a good one] on the growing hair mainly and a bit less on the system hair, or failing that, you can use a little coloring agent on your own hair to darken/deepen it`s color a shade or so.... it`s easier to apply those to your growing hair than to a system because when coloring systems you have to be careful to avoid getting it onto the lace and staining it.... I often had to do that kind of `tweaking` in the past even with salon-supplied systems....when I`d get home after a fitting, I`d be casting a `critical`eye over it and would see a difference in color-blend which annoyed me...I often put a bit of color in my own hair to deepen it a degree or so and was always happy with the results... usually you can leave them in/on for about 15 minutes or so, but for your first time doing it, maybe go for a shorter time [7 or 8 minutes] in case it goes that bit too deep...see how it looks and you can re-apply if you think you need it.....you`ll find as time goes on with your system and oxidation /washing etc. that any color difference will be far less noticeable... Paul.

thanks man, will try that, do u know if toplace has a colour wheel? they seem to have my colour as 1b but from lookin at google images i think my actual colour, is colour 2.
(08-30-2011, 07:46 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Hi again... I assume the system hair is a bit darker than your own as you ask how to lighten it...depending on how much of a difference there is, there are a few things you can do... firstly all new systems can look a bit `stark` against the growing hair, as they are new/fresh etc..you can give it a strong-ish shampooing, say twice, and that will lift some of the color from it... if it`s still noticeable, you can disguise it by using wet-look gels [ Lòreal `Invisifix` is a good one] on the growing hair mainly and a bit less on the system hair, or failing that, you can use a little coloring agent on your own hair to darken/deepen it`s color a shade or so.... it`s easier to apply those to your growing hair than to a system because when coloring systems you have to be careful to avoid getting it onto the lace and staining it.... I often had to do that kind of `tweaking` in the past even with salon-supplied systems....when I`d get home after a fitting, I`d be casting a `critical`eye over it and would see a difference in color-blend which annoyed me...I often put a bit of color in my own hair to deepen it a degree or so and was always happy with the results... usually you can leave them in/on for about 15 minutes or so, but for your first time doing it, maybe go for a shorter time [7 or 8 minutes] in case it goes that bit too deep...see how it looks and you can re-apply if you think you need it.....you`ll find as time goes on with your system and oxidation /washing etc. that any color difference will be far less noticeable... Paul.

thanks man, will try that, do u know if toplace has a colour wheel? they seem to have my colour as 1b but from lookin at google images i think my actual colour, is colour 2.
08-31-2011, 12:53 AM,
Run your cursor/mouse over the `Style options ` tab up top and you`ll see `Hair colors`..just click on that.... you`ll need to scroll down the page to view them..personally I find it hard to discern colors when replicated on any sites. 1b is the next shade up from black--it`s a dark brown...looks practically black when new but in good natural light you`ll see it`s a brown all right...it`s possible you need the next lighter shade on your next order ? Was that a stock or custom you got there ? Paul.
p.s..... can you type in the `` Quick reply`` box underneath this post ....it saves the whole post being reproduced again which happens if you simply hit the `reply`button..cheers for now.