Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does long wig hair move "naturally" in the wind?
08-29-2011, 11:39 AM,
Does long wig hair move "naturally" in the wind?
I've been wearing 12 inch toppers (with a slight wave in it) for some years now. Maybe it's due to my thinning sides, but whenever I get in a bit of wind, the topper hair wave around in the air while my own hair stay pretty much to my head. This looks TOTALLY ODD then. (That's why I'm wearing hairbands or a ponytail when I step outside).

Now, I'd like to try a full cap for my next piece. And wondering about the HAIRSTYLE now. My favourite would be a long style (12 inches) again, rather curly, but a bit shorter (fringe) in the front. (But a modern one, not like in the 1980s).

Will I have to worry about the flowing of the hair - as I really have to with my partial right now - in windy weather. Of course, it will stick to the scalp, that's clear, dudes Wink But the hair itsself, might it move strangely, for example, if the wind comes from the front, the fringe might lift "in a strange way"?

Or is it that with a full cap ANY longer hair style is possible?

(I'd like to wear the hair without use of styling products if possible)
08-30-2011, 06:52 AM,
RE: Does long wig hair move "naturally" in the wind?
(08-29-2011, 11:39 AM)UncleDonald Wrote: I've been wearing 12 inch toppers (with a slight wave in it) for some years now. Maybe it's due to my thinning sides, but whenever I get in a bit of wind, the topper hair wave around in the air while my own hair stay pretty much to my head. This looks TOTALLY ODD then. (That's why I'm wearing hairbands or a ponytail when I step outside).

Now, I'd like to try a full cap for my next piece. And wondering about the HAIRSTYLE now. My favourite would be a long style (12 inches) again, rather curly, but a bit shorter (fringe) in the front. (But a modern one, not like in the 1980s).

Will I have to worry about the flowing of the hair - as I really have to with my partial right now - in windy weather. Of course, it will stick to the scalp, that's clear, dudes Wink But the hair itsself, might it move strangely, for example, if the wind comes from the front, the fringe might lift "in a strange way"?

Or is it that with a full cap ANY longer hair style is possible?

(I'd like to wear the hair without use of styling products if possible)

This partially depends on the age and condition of the hair. I'm sure you have noticed that the hair on your partial units behaves differently depending on what stage in the life cycle it is in. Same with a full cap. The good thing is that with a full cap everything moves together so you won't have the issues you are having with the partial moving differently than your growing hair.

Hair length also affects the way the hair moves. Short hair won't move much. Medium/short hair styles are going to be less forgiving. Longer styles have the benefit of the extra weight of the hair that helps to pull it down covering some of the ventilation issues that might be more apparent with a shorter style.

The honest truth is that as good as these units are, they can't be 100% perfect 100% of the time. You have to be willing to work with what you have in front of you so if the hair is at a stage where it isn't behaving the way you want it you might have to compromise by throwing in a little bit of wax or something to help control the hair.

Overall I think you are going to be happy with the switch. Full caps are great for longer styles. Matter of fact I am thinking of going a little longer with some of my future units.

Keep us posted!