Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ultra Hold Nightmare Over
08-18-2011, 12:38 AM,
Ultra Hold Nightmare Over
I received the "glue stick" Debbie sells, and god!! I am happy. I applied it in about 2minutes... it is solid as hell, no lifts anywhere...yes ultra hold is a nightmare when compared to "super stick glue".
special thanks to James for reccomending this product.
08-18-2011, 12:48 AM,
RE: Ultra Hold Nightmare Over
Are you using it for lace and can you tell us how long a hold you've had from it please?
08-18-2011, 01:58 AM,
whats up Hersut.... yeahh it has only been 2 days... and still pretty solid... I like the fact that it is real easy to apply more than anything.. I wear SFS, I will let you know how long the attachment lasts later
I think ultra hold is okay if a proffesional is applying to your head... but not good for begginers... and ultra hold shines a lot... I dont like it. glue stick is good... later I will try orwg cause I hear good things about it
08-18-2011, 02:10 AM,
Thanks for the info.
I'm ALWAYS looking for new/better glues.
I think I might give your recommendation a try.
Thanks for sharing.
08-18-2011, 09:41 AM,
I used UltraHold once and never will again. It didn't last as long as Ghost Bond, was a huge pain to clean and remove, and 'melted' through the system more and sooner than Ghost Bond. I also have the Glue Stick from Debbie, and its ok. Doesn't last near as Ghost bond, but its good for shorter term touch ups and easy to apply. It does have a stronger glue smell when you first apply it though. If you going for long term hold, my choice is still Ghost Bond, which allows me to wear for 3 weeks at a time with only an occasional touch up in front. However, each person's body chemistry is different, so each person needs to figure out what works best for them.
08-19-2011, 02:58 PM,
(08-18-2011, 09:41 AM)Biltmore602 Wrote: I used UltraHold once and never will again. It didn't last as long as Ghost Bond, was a huge pain to clean and remove, and 'melted' through the system more and sooner than Ghost Bond. I also have the Glue Stick from Debbie, and its ok. Doesn't last near as Ghost bond, but its good for shorter term touch ups and easy to apply. It does have a stronger glue smell when you first apply it though. If you going for long term hold, my choice is still Ghost Bond, which allows me to wear for 3 weeks at a time with only an occasional touch up in front. However, each person's body chemistry is different, so each person needs to figure out what works best for them.

I wear SFS or French lace. I used Ultrahold.. have been for years. I really like it. Gotta let it dry then you a brush with dry glue or a popsicle stick to take the shine away. Really, when applying it.. just brush enough so that the shine goes away with the Ultrahold brush. Takes about 10 minutes or so to dry.

I tried ghost bond, and didn't like the hold sometimes it just didn't want to stick. So, go figure.. it depends on body chemistry. I get a week out of Ultrahold.. sometimes 8 or 9 days, sometimes only 6 days before it starts to weaken.
08-30-2011, 04:19 PM,
Okay, an update on the "glue stick" it is real easy to apply no doubt, but .. it wasn't what I thought it would be, the attachment usually only lasts about 4 days... I know 4 days is not bad but I wanted to go 5 or 6 days. I like it over ultra hold because it is way easier to apply.. but yes I would reccomenf it over Ultra Hold.
Now I need to try orwg.

I have also used tapes I used super tape and I was real happy with the results, I could go up to 8 days without drtaching and it would be as strong as the first day I applied it... tape worked great for me but then one day my scalp was real itchy and when I detached I noticed it was breaking my skin real bad, it was all red.

does anyone know of a better tape.. something that doesnt irritate the skin too much...?
08-31-2011, 09:31 AM,
(08-30-2011, 04:19 PM)Mr.Hair Wrote: Okay, an update on the "glue stick" it is real easy to apply no doubt, but .. it wasn't what I thought it would be, the attachment usually only lasts about 4 days... I know 4 days is not bad but I wanted to go 5 or 6 days. I like it over ultra hold because it is way easier to apply.. but yes I would reccomenf it over Ultra Hold.
Now I need to try orwg.

I have also used tapes I used super tape and I was real happy with the results, I could go up to 8 days without drtaching and it would be as strong as the first day I applied it... tape worked great for me but then one day my scalp was real itchy and when I detached I noticed it was breaking my skin real bad, it was all red.

does anyone know of a better tape.. something that doesnt irritate the skin too much...?

I like the Ghost Bond, but also am going to try the ORWG with my next bond I think. It was not available from the usual suppliers, so it took some searching to find where to buy it. Each person needs to find what works best for what they want from and adhesive and what works with their body chemistry. With that in mind, I also am trying a new tape which I heard is great and is so thin many wearers use in front. I am about to try the '3 Mil Lace Front Tape CC Contour'. Plug that term into google and you will find where to buy it...