Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New forums now available!!
09-03-2009, 09:39 PM,
New forums now available!!
If you go to the top level "Toplace forum", you will now see some new forums underneath- including:

-> The Lounge - off topic chatter
-> Ladies Hair replacement

Pretty cool, eh?
09-04-2009, 09:12 AM,
Re: New forums now available!!
This and those forums are dead, There are about 5 regular posters on here and thats it, We used to get more posts on the old forum in one day than we get on this forum in a week, There is no banter in here whatsoever and its boring zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
09-04-2009, 12:21 PM,
BA707 Wrote:This and those forums are dead, There are about 5 regular posters on here and thats it, We used to get more posts on the old forum in one day than we get on this forum in a week.

Speaking of that, where are Hans, the original Jake, TanMan, Eric, Agent Smith, Melonaid, and the many others whol used to post a lot? It'd be nice if people would at least post once in a while to show they're still alive.
09-04-2009, 12:22 PM,
The old forum had a special feeling to it..perhaps the old style was part of it. This forum feels like most forums and has a similar format. Why do that? Why give up your edge to fit in with other 'better looking'forums? with all the bells and extra stuff. People nowadays dont have time for that. They want to just see a list of topics, and see which one has had a new post straight away, and check it. The old forum simply highlighted the threads which had new post, simple and BRILLIANT. This one is a bit more tedious. For god sakes its a wig forum...who the hell wants to lounge in a wig forum, no offence just offering my opinion.

Sam
09-05-2009, 04:28 AM,
i agree with what sam just said .
09-05-2009, 04:39 AM,
dino Wrote:
BA707 Wrote:This and those forums are dead, There are about 5 regular posters on here and thats it, We used to get more posts on the old forum in one day than we get on this forum in a week.

Speaking of that, where are Hans, the original Jake, TanMan, Eric, Agent Smith, Melonaid, and the many others whol used to post a lot? It'd be nice if people would at least post once in a while to show they're still alive.

Cant speak for all those mate, But 2 of them hate this new forum and wont post in it, And some people have told me they dont either bother coming on here at all. I have had E-mails from people saying they just read the old forum from page 1 and carry on like they were reading a book and kill themselves laughing at some of the posts and banter we had on there :lol:
09-09-2009, 02:39 PM,
IMHO the old forum had a rough & robust feel to it and was perfectly suited for its purpose as a wig wearers forum, this new forum is just like any other on the net, complete with 'smilies' & other fancy but unecessary features.
On the old forum there was plenty of banter & people (incl. me) used to speak their mind. When I first started wearing I would check the forum for help & re-assurance with any problems I had, but because of its popularity I would still check the forum around 5 times a day even when everything was going fine.
This new forum is generic, yes it works but perhaps just abit too well for its purpose.
Who remembers Mathcat & his solar wig lightener & his experiments on 'hot or not' wearing his wig? With the old forum we would get these stories, on this forum we don't.

I've also noticed my post count is only 3 in the past year including this one. I would post that many each night (& the rest) on the old forum.