Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
50% density full cap
08-06-2011, 04:26 AM,
50% density full cap
Here's a pic of one of my full caps. It's a 50% density but I think that could be a bit thin.

From the top it can look like I am balding. Big Grin LOL. That'll trick 'em!

I might go up to 65% for my next full cap and go full super fine swiss lace.

Attached Files Image(s)

08-06-2011, 05:02 AM,
RE: 50% density full cap
65% might be a little high...depends on your age really... remember.. if you are ordering a Toplace system, the densities are a bit higher than what you might expect from other system-providers as follows : Light is 50/5%, Medium is 60/5%, Medium to heavy is 70/5% and Heavy is 80/90%....... a Toplace density of 55% is equivalent to 70% on `others`, 60=80, 65=85, 70 =90 and 75=100, 80% would be 105% on others, and so on..... I made a note of the densities when I was newly-arrived on the forum and someone advised me when I asked..to the best of my knowledge, those figures/percentages have not changed so worth bearing them in mind but John would give you the final guidance/help with your order so anyone who`s a `Newbie`...don`t fret over what density to order.... Just enclose a pic of a style you`d like to wear, and a pic of your own present state of hair loss....John will know exactly what`s correct for you, so don`t get worked up over it.....Paul.
08-06-2011, 05:25 AM,
Cheers, mate. Big Grin
08-06-2011, 06:51 AM,
I meant to say that it`s generally advised to go French lace for fullcaps..... Swiss might be a bit light to withstand the repeated removals for cleaning etc. especially around the Temples and sideburn area...... Swiss is grand for Toppers but as you can imagine, the tendency for the stretching in the nape area as well, might well result in Swiss not lasting the `pace`....you could maybe have a French lace perimeter [say an inch in width--a bit like a poly strip] at the temples/sideburn area and around the back, and then go Swiss at the very front and over the rest of it......for lightness/breathability if that`s what you`re after...just a thought... Paul.
08-06-2011, 09:58 AM,
I tried French lace but it was a bit rough on my skin. Also, I had difficulty getting tapes to stick to the lace. Maybe it was only me but I had a hell of a problem.

I'll certainly review all my options. Thanks Paul for your advice. It's much appreciated. Smile
08-07-2011, 11:10 PM,
wow it looks like if it was your own hair and I like the density.
08-08-2011, 06:33 AM,
I believe I would like 5% more in the crown.
08-08-2011, 06:50 AM,
(08-08-2011, 06:33 AM)Seven Wrote: I believe I would like 5% more in the crown.

The crown isn't that bad as it looks there. Actually I have seen guys like that, with real hair.

The flash makes it looks worse than it is. Smile

But yes I would admit I will be going up about 10% more density.

Still, it's better than looking like this. Big Grin

Attached Files Image(s)

08-08-2011, 06:54 AM,
you enjoy it m8Smile
looks great to me,bet you feel great on a night out getting ready,
and generally boosts you’re self-image masses,one life, one time through, make the most of it, oops you are, lol
ps i love seeing other peoples hair pics, such a inspiration
cheers
anty Smile
08-08-2011, 07:15 AM,
(08-08-2011, 06:54 AM)antywanty Wrote: you enjoy it m8Smile
looks great to me,bet you feel great on a night out getting ready,
and generally boosts you’re self-image masses,one life, one time through, make the most of it, oops you are, lol
ps i love seeing other peoples hair pics, such a inspiration
cheers
anty Smile

It does make me feel better. Especially like you say when you're going on a night out. Better to be the young guy with a bit of hair than the baldy with a comb over.

But you must remember I'm all new at this game. There is trial and error. My first cap I cut too short and it looked awful.

The second was okay, but too much density. This new one, excellent but I still could have done with a few more hairs. But who am I to complain? I had hardly nothing before. Big Grin

Trial and error that's what I say! Thanks for your feedback. Smile