Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: How small can a partial be?
08-02-2011, 11:57 AM,
Re: How small can a partial be?
Hi guys,

I've previously been a victim of scammy hp company resulting in a bad experience but I'm looking to make the transition still.

I say this because I'd like to cover up temporal recession without shaving my middle island, which currently would require two small partials. I previously did this, and the learning curve and extremely poor results were too much for me. All I could do was shave my head and hide away!

This way, I can find what glues are good for me, and get used to maintenance etc. without having to shave my head if things go bad. (as I can still conceal)

So I'm wondering, how small can one get with a partial hp? Does the size effect the hold? For example the size and width of a little finger?

I've ordered a custom piece, and I'm planning on first making cuts at the back to make small templates and failing that putting it on. Just wondering what you guys make of it?

Thanks!
Mike
08-03-2011, 02:03 AM,
RE: Re: How small can a partial be?
I see no problem in having a partial that just fits on the bald patch at the back of a head.

A bit like a Jewish skull cap.

Many guys lose hair from the back but still have a reasonable hairline at the front.

So I guess you can have a partial any size, to fill the gap. Smile
08-04-2011, 08:38 PM,
Hi Mike.... do you mean your thin area is around the crown itself and your front sides and back are ok ? If so, that would be pretty easy to cover-up. You could even just get a stock and trim/cut it to fit that thin area. They are medium density and freestyle. The only issue might be if a partial is very small, it might be a little more `weak`/ prone to tearing from removals etc. simply because the base would be so `narrow`.....you could just shave a little extra area of the thinning area thus giving a slightly more `substantial`system .....as Justin says....something like a skull cap should fit/sit in nicely there..... I`d simply trim a stock to fit... Paul.
08-08-2011, 12:54 PM,
Hey guys. Thanks for the info. Actually I'm putting the partial on the front of the hairline as my recession is only on one side of the hairline. Does that make things a bit difficult?