Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Applying Knot Sealer
07-30-2011, 07:35 AM,
Applying Knot Sealer
I just got my second system in the mail.

My last system was a noob catastrophe - I've learned my lesson(s). It barely made it through 10 weeks of torture on my head. I have the acrylic sealer from Debbies site in my hand. It's suppose to dry clear. On my first system, it remained pretty white... did I apply too much?

Can someone share their steps with me to ensure I don't start this new unit off on the wrong foot?

I'm already wearing my second piece. I plan on applying the sealer in 4 or 5 days when I remove it for cleaning.

Thanks guys!
07-30-2011, 08:05 AM,
RE: Applying Knot Sealer
Re: Debbies knot sealer is a must haveA++++
you can reapply every month or so. no, it does not close the lace holes. it simply seals the knots making them less likely to loosen.
you only need a tiny bit of the product!! a 2 oz. bottle is enough to seal 20 hair systems. I suggest you do it all over the base to prevent shedding everywhere on your system.
DebbieS.
http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=1719&page=2 That`s an old reply Debbie left on Snipe`s Info-links thread at the top of the page......it gives some idea of how sparingly this product must be applied........... on the highlighted link there [Snipe`s thread] if you click on the knot-seal video link/s there you can download / save the tutorial video with a choice of MP4 or AVI files.... it`s only about 6 MBs of data,so pretty small download... just wait 40 seconds or so for it to load and then download it by clicking `Regular Download `` ...you can save it to your PC and your media -player will play it for you..there`s no sound but it shows how to apply it....
07-30-2011, 08:35 AM,
(07-30-2011, 08:05 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Re: Debbies knot sealer is a must haveA++++
you can reapply every month or so. no, it does not close the lace holes. it simply seals the knots making them less likely to loosen.
you only need a tiny bit of the product!! a 2 oz. bottle is enough to seal 20 hair systems. I suggest you do it all over the base to prevent shedding everywhere on your system.
DebbieS.
http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=1719&page=2 That`s an old reply Debbie left on Snipe`s Info-links thread at the top of the page......it gives some idea of how sparingly this product must be applied........... on the highlighted link there [Snipe`s thread] if you click on the knot-seal video link/s there you can download / save the tutorial video with a choice of MP4 or AVI files.... it`s only about 6 MBs of data,so pretty small download... just wait 40 seconds or so for it to load and then download it by clicking `Regular Download `` ...you can save it to your PC and your media -player will play it for you..there`s no sound but it shows how to apply it....

The video was VERY helpful. I have a feel of how much to use now.
Thanks!
08-01-2011, 04:20 AM,
Was that my video?
08-01-2011, 04:27 AM,
(08-01-2011, 04:20 AM)Snipe Wrote: Was that my video?
Yup... that link is your thread, as mentioned.
08-01-2011, 04:30 AM,
Cool, glad all my links are still working.