Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Newbie User, Questions
07-26-2011, 01:09 AM,
Newbie User, Questions
Hi guys,

i am new to toupet's and hair systems and about to buy a stock from toplace, i have a few question you experienced users may be able to answer.

I bought a Topper before from another supplier and i was quite unsatisfied with it.
The fit was ok, but what i didn't like was the density and especially the knots.
It was like a wall of hair and the knots were very visible dark brown dots showing a pattern on the lace in the front and throughout the rest of the lace. Also the lace itself felt a bit rough.

What can i expect from a TopLace stock piece? Will i get blonde/white knots when i order a medium to dark brown color?
Is the bleaching the same on the entire lace or only in the front?

How is the hairline graduated? does it look realistic?
The Lace i had on my old System was Swiss, as i understand the stocks come in french lace, how well does it dissapear especially on the front? Can anyone post a good photo of a french lace hairline by any chance?

I have read a lot of forum posts on the top lace forum by now, your systems look promising.

BR
Michael
07-26-2011, 03:25 PM,
RE: Newbie User, Questions
(07-26-2011, 01:09 AM)Cilantro Wrote: Hi guys,

i am new to toupet's and hair systems and about to buy a stock from toplace, i have a few question you experienced users may be able to answer.

I bought a Topper before from another supplier and i was quite unsatisfied with it.
The fit was ok, but what i didn't like was the density and especially the knots.
It was like a wall of hair and the knots were very visible dark brown dots showing a pattern on the lace in the front and throughout the rest of the lace. Also the lace itself felt a bit rough.

What can i expect from a TopLace stock piece? Will i get blonde/white knots when i order a medium to dark brown color?
Is the bleaching the same on the entire lace or only in the front?

How is the hairline graduated? does it look realistic?
The Lace i had on my old System was Swiss, as i understand the stocks come in french lace, how well does it dissapear especially on the front? Can anyone post a good photo of a french lace hairline by any chance?

I have read a lot of forum posts on the top lace forum by now, your systems look promising.

BR
Michael

I just received my first piece from TL. The bleaching is excellent, and the hairline is very nice. Unless you are in a hurry, I would recommend a custom piece and not a stock. The density on my piece is what I ordered, as are the dimensions. The lace is very fine, so handle with care.
07-26-2011, 08:56 PM,
I`d go for a custom-made system from the `off` unless you`re in an absolute hurry... they are a middle-of-the-road item and you`ll have to be prepared to make compromises on what you`d like and what you actually get.... it will only mean a longer wait but it would be better to get something which you have `designed`yourself than an off-the-shelf system...stocks are fine..i.e. quality and texture of hair etc. but are more of a sticking-plaster solution ..they are pretty good for people who like to cut them to make partials ..... I`d go `custom` if I were you, and there`s little in the difference in price too.... Paul.
07-27-2011, 01:37 AM,
@Winstonage

You say your unit was bleached perfect. What color did you order your Hair?

Should i order a blonde and color myself or just order it in my natural color(dark brown) and still get a good bleaching?

As for the stock vs custom, i am ordering a stock since i am in a hurry somewhat, i will also order a custom in addition.

I am going to post some pictures of before and after with a stock piece and custom, going to cut in the custom myself.
08-03-2011, 04:32 AM,
My first impressions of the stock unit:

The fit: For some reason the stock unit fits like a second skin, i guess i have a stock unit friendly curvature.

Bleaching: Not as good as i hoped. While the knots are bleached they are certainly not blonde or white as promised by John. 7/10
Next time i am going to order 2 blonde Units and color the Hair myself.

Density: Seems a little too heavy to me(i am 30 years old this month). In my Opinion this Density is for very young people(18-23years) I expected this though after reading the forum. It is also waaay too heavy in the front and not as graduated as i hoped wich is my main cocern with this unit.

Quality: The french lace seems very strong and seems to be quite durable, this will become my backup unit as soon as i order my customs in sfs.

While these first impressions seem a bit bad, i am quite happy with ordering a stock piece, it was very fast delivery and good pricing, now i know what to opt for when ordering my custom pieces.

Pictures follow shortly Wink Thanks again for the support John.
08-03-2011, 05:04 AM,
You can carefully thin out the front there if you feel the need.....just take it `easy` until you see how much comes out..... just use a hair-removal cream you can buy in any drug store or most shops ....I use a cotton swab and just dab it on in little `dots` evenly-spaced out in lines to the area concerned on the underside i.e. the actual knots NOT down through the hair itself......wait a few minutes for it to work, then I just `pluck` out the loose hairs with my fingers... rinse the base under running water to wash off the excess product......it`s quite simple to do but as I said, just take it `easy`.....you can always have another look in a few days time and do another little thinning if you like..... regards, Paul.
08-06-2011, 02:35 PM,
Thanks, that worked out fine.

I have an important question before ordering my custom systems.
I am quite unhappy with the knots. Should i order my customs in a light blonde and color them myself or should i ask John to let them get bleached? What would be the best way to go to get light knots?

Michael
08-06-2011, 08:21 PM,
Ok..just my 2 -cents worth: I have read here of wearers who order blonde hair in order to get blonde knots, then proceed to color the hair to whatever shade they require. To my mind it`s probably just easier all round to ask for `extra`bleaching of knots at the factory--- they are well-used to doing it and will know when to `stop`...bleaching weakens the hairs and can lead to premature shedding so if it were me, I`d prefer to leave it to the `experts`...... using harsh chemical coloring products to change the color from blonde to say, brown, is also tricky to do unless you are used to it/have experimented with old systems...you can get it onto the base and will stain it permanently and in the case of a topper, it can also be tricky to get the shade correct to blend in with the growing hair..... I know some guys do it no bothers and each to their own, but [just thinking of Newbies] in the early days of wearing, a person has enough to be coping with without changing the color of their hair on top of it all..... if it were me, I`d just ask John to specify extra bleaching at the front and crown areas..... again, just me thinking `aloud` so hope that helps with your decision..regards, Paul.
08-07-2011, 12:33 AM,
Did you order "extra bleaching" before? how were the knots? Did you get blonde knots or are they still visible?

Michael
08-07-2011, 01:22 AM,
No Cilantro.... has never been an issue for me at all..anyway, the style/ color which I wear makes it a non-issue, but I know you can ask for that the knots be well-bleached. Paul.