Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ideas on making head mold?
09-05-2009, 02:48 AM,
ideas on making head mold?
I wear a full cap and usually do my own cut ins with the unit on my head. I was thinking that it would be great to be able to cut the unit off my head while attached to a mold with the same shape and size of my head (not some styrofoam mold from Sally's that doesn't match my dimensions). Anyone have any ideas on how I might create such a mold? I was thinking I could make a tape template that goes beyond my full cap dimensions and into the forehead (in the front), beyond the bottom of the napeline (in the back), and beyond the side hairlines and temple points (on the sides). I think it wouldn't be as sturdy as I'd like, so how could I make it more sturdy? I want to be able to tape or glue the unit onto the mold without damaging the mold upon removal.
09-05-2009, 04:04 AM,
Re: ideas on making head mold?
Hey Dino,

You can make a mold of your head like they do for movies, etc. Will probably cost a couple hundred bucks but then you'd have it from now on.
Here's a how-to link.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.smooth-on.com/gallery.php?galleryid=307">http://www.smooth-on.com/gallery.php?galleryid=307</a><!-- m -->
09-05-2009, 08:13 AM,
Great ! Thanks Dino/Klifford, I`m searching the web for a while but did not have the idea yet to put this question into the TL forum.
Seems to be the product I was searching for...I searched a lot on youtube with "headcast".

I recently made some tries with gypsum* (for the negative & for the positive I filled it with a PU resin), but this seems to be the most professional way.
THANKS

* take care with your hair !!! Use at least on ton of vaseline on your remaining hair & eyebrows, otherwise you run into serious troubles...
09-06-2009, 07:54 AM,
cool! Thanks for the link. We'll see if I can do this. If not, at least I'll make an interesting Halloween costume.