Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Quick question about basic products
07-10-2011, 07:05 AM,
Quick question about basic products
New to wearing again and I am about to order supplies. I need to know what basic accessories I need for detachment and clean up.

What do you guys use? I know I need:

1. 99% Alcohol or Lace Release (is there any difference really, besides price?)
2. Adhesive Remover (what kind is favored by most)

What do you use to get glue off the lace, adhesive remover? Is there anything I'm not thinking of? (I already have glue to try).

Thanks!
07-10-2011, 07:33 PM,
RE: Quick question about basic products
Citrus-based adhesive melters are good too...`De-solv-it`being one, or `Remove` being another------ http://www.orange-sol.com/household/index.html
Another forum -contributor [Henry] uses bubble wrap instead of the `mirror-slide`to remove residue from the lace...I tried cleaning residue from the actual scalp last night using bubble wrap and it worked quite well rather than using strips of kitchen -towel. Using lace-release first helps free the lace from the glue and/or tape and usually most of the residue remains on the scalp rather than the lace......whatever does actually remain, you can use either a citrus-based solvent or alcohol-based one on it and then either mirror-slide or bubble-wrap and rinse/ lightly shampoo finally. Paul.
07-11-2011, 01:21 AM,
Instead of the mirror or bubble wrap, I like a microfibre cleaning cloth.
You can use them dry and it removes glue from head or lace without smearing it all over the place.
It just rolls it up in a ball.
Plus they're easy to carry around & pack if you're away from home.
You can get them anywhere.
The ones that look like a small towel are the best sort.
07-12-2011, 06:41 AM,
Thanks guys. I ordered "pure" citrus spray for my adhesive remover and I'm just gonna go with the 99% alcohol for the release.

Because of where I work I have tons of bubble wrap so I'm definitely gonna try that. I hate the mirror slide due to the trouble cleaning the mirror. Can't wait to use something disposable and effective like bubblewrap!
07-13-2011, 09:37 AM,
I have had some tapes in the past which didn't do the job. I'm yet to find the perfect tape.

Can anyone recommend a good tape for swiss lace? Thanks. Smile
07-16-2011, 11:41 AM,
Howdy, I dont know if this works for everyone, but i use cling wrap over the mirror, cleaning the mirror is a mess, so I just put the wrap over the mirror, do the slide, remove it and throw it away. Smile
07-16-2011, 07:50 PM,
yupp, wearings great, but they dont mention the clean up, lol