Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ok, now on to hydrating/styling products..
07-16-2011, 02:15 PM,
Ok, now on to hydrating/styling products..
Can anyone recommend some products I can find locally that do a good job creating a hydrated look/product for making it not look so dry and bulky, but not overdone with product (meaning wet and greasy). Does matte pomade work or is it bad for the hair?

Thanks for any advice, this piece I got (not toplace) is already sort of dry and if it isn't damp you can already see some blonde/red tones. After I get it thinned out tomorrow when cut-in I would like to find something at the drug store, not too crazy, fairly conservative, but not the dry brittle look. You just can't wear these totally dry, even from day one. At the same time I don't want to look like I belong on the jersey shore if you know what I mean Smile
07-19-2011, 05:27 AM,
RE: Ok, now on to hydrating/styling products..
I saw my mother the other day and her hair was so much better looking than usual. She said her hair stylist used a special product on her hair.. I def gotta get the name of it. It worked amazing for her, i think it will work awesome for hair units.. currently I use waxworks to style.. it can give a wet look, but it migh tseem greasy if you use too much.. U can mix it with water and use the appropriate amount.. I like it and have been using it for awhile. I think any pomade will also give this effect.. when ur looking at styling products just keep away from ones that are matte. I think matte products don't work that well on hair systems. .I always prefer something that gives a little bit of a wet look, it helps make the system hair look better and blend in colors etc.
07-19-2011, 06:09 AM,
some where on wig forums

.. a chinese home made leav in conditioner really works good for me ..

it is 10 ml of any conditioner and add 90 ml of water .. mix them well and spray ..
07-19-2011, 11:32 AM,
(07-16-2011, 02:15 PM)expriest Wrote: After I get it thinned out tomorrow when cut-in..... You just can't wear these totally dry, even from day one.

It really shouldn't require much thinning during the cut in, or a lot of gel and stuff to make a new piece look OK.

Yeah, it might take a gentle wash / rinse or two to break in a bit- but I'd bet a good part of the new-piece bulk people speak of happens because of ordering too much density.
07-28-2011, 08:04 AM,
(07-19-2011, 11:32 AM)Tapehead Wrote:
(07-16-2011, 02:15 PM)expriest Wrote: After I get it thinned out tomorrow when cut-in..... You just can't wear these totally dry, even from day one.

It really shouldn't require much thinning during the cut in, or a lot of gel and stuff to make a new piece look OK.

Yeah, it might take a gentle wash / rinse or two to break in a bit- but I'd bet a good part of the new-piece bulk people speak of happens because of ordering too much density.

do a google search for silicon mix hair products, i use the leave in conditioner and its awesome, im waiting for the shampoo atm, a friend of mine has bought his old systems back to life with their intensive conditioner, he conditions the piece for 15 minutes and says it can prolong the piece at least an extra 6 weeks, worth a try
07-30-2011, 01:02 AM,
Did you read my info sticky?