Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is it sooo hard??
07-16-2011, 11:57 AM,
RE: Why is it sooo hard??
Paul, thanks so much for your help. I did everything you said, except I used my template to make my guide lines instead of the hair piece (the front to back measurement is dead on with my template). With how pliable this lace is and all the hair that's attached to it it's almost impossible to trace it with the dots, I don't know how you guys do it, if there was not hair then that would be different. Is it easier once you get it cut so there's not so much hair flying around? I used a fine point sharpee marker to make my guide dots. Then applied the glue, then removed the dots with alcohol and cotton swabs. I was really nervous but I knew that I had it in the correct place because I set the back of the piece down and felt with my hand that it was in the right spot, like you said, and then checked to see if it was on track, slowly moving back to front. It was. Then I laid the lace gently down and got the front and temples down. Then did the rest as you described. This is one of my best attachments, no ripples Smile

I still have a few holes of the swiss lace that aren't down into the glue, tiny tiny bubbles, but you really have to look hard to see it. The hairline isn't perfect, but it's pretty darn good, and it's more than enough to have it cut in tomorrow morning and be off to Chicago to see a concert tomorrow night! I got saved by finding a local place with ultra hold.

Just wanted to say thanks. I learned a lot in the past day and no doubt will learn more and tweak it as I go. I can't wait to get this cut in and have it settle down and then make my next attachment even better! Next order I will get much less density and when I cut the front lace I will leave a little lace.

Is there anything that will help settle this hair down faster? It's quite an extreme difference from what people are used to seeing me. I would like to see it flatten out a bit

Messages In This Thread
Why is it sooo hard?? - expriest - 07-15-2011, 01:52 PM
RE: Why is it sooo hard?? - ToplaceUSA - 07-15-2011, 03:35 PM
RE: Why is it sooo hard?? - expriest - 07-16-2011, 03:01 AM
RE: Why is it sooo hard?? - expriest - 07-16-2011, 04:28 AM
RE: Why is it sooo hard?? - antywanty - 07-16-2011, 05:40 AM
RE: Why is it sooo hard?? - expriest - 07-16-2011, 11:57 AM
RE: Why is it sooo hard?? - Xeon005 - 07-19-2011, 05:25 AM