Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is it sooo hard??
07-16-2011, 04:28 AM,
RE: Why is it sooo hard??
HI Paul, thank you for your advice. I should have said from the outset that this was not a toplace system, my apologies. The system was a full inch wider on the sides than my template (1/2" on each side). I'm not going to mention the co. because I just don't feel that's fair.

I'm having trouble visualizing what you are describing, although I certainly appreciate the effort to explain. You are one helpful person on this forum and should be applauded. However, this attachment business just seems like something that needs to be seen/experienced vs. reading someone explain it.

I did find some ultra hold at a local hair shop and I'm going to pick up a bottle for $9 (retail!) today. This is the only glue I've used before that REALLY works for me. I mean when I stick it on there it stays. Once I get it I'm going to have another go at attaching tonight. It may only be 1/8" too short on each side so even if it's a bit underlapped it shouldn't pose too much of a problem (I HOPE!). My main concern is getting the front tacked down w/o any bubbles. The lace is so fine and threaded/slightly frayed (with most trimmed to the hair) that it seems a bit difficult to lay it down hard enough w/o getting any hair in the glue. But like I said, I don't want any bubbles, I want to have it stuck on there hard so I can comb it back like it is when on my styro head. The hairline looks great when on the styro head, tacked down with pins and combed back. What I don't want is ripples that need to be matted down with a comb that cause the hair to bunch up and look matted/unreaslistc. I know the goal is to get the lace to stick to the glue and not the hair. This is my goal for the night. If I can get it done and cut in in the morning I'll be ecstatic.

Hopefully I can get that done and rush to see my stylist and still make my trip to chicago with my mates. The hairline is paramount at this point though. A lot of people will see me and I'm a bit nervous diving back into this.

Any tips on just getting the front down nicely? Do you push hard in the middle of the hairline, then stretch, tack, then stretch, tack etc.. then after the front is tacked down hard with no ripples, pull the rest of the unit on the side and to the back stretching and pulling (gently) along the way?

Right now Ultra Hold is all I got to work with so I hope I can nail it.

Btw, it's amazing how different our body chemistries are. ORWG is touted by so many as being amazing glue. My lace wouldn't even stick to the damn stuff LOL. I wasn't sweating either and the glue was nice and tacky with the back of my finger.

EP

Messages In This Thread
Why is it sooo hard?? - expriest - 07-15-2011, 01:52 PM
RE: Why is it sooo hard?? - ToplaceUSA - 07-15-2011, 03:35 PM
RE: Why is it sooo hard?? - expriest - 07-16-2011, 03:01 AM
RE: Why is it sooo hard?? - expriest - 07-16-2011, 04:28 AM
RE: Why is it sooo hard?? - antywanty - 07-16-2011, 05:40 AM
RE: Why is it sooo hard?? - expriest - 07-16-2011, 11:57 AM
RE: Why is it sooo hard?? - Xeon005 - 07-19-2011, 05:25 AM