Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is it sooo hard??
07-16-2011, 03:10 AM,
RE: Why is it sooo hard??
Hi Expriest.... I was unable to log on until now as the site was down.... Sorry to hear you are having problems.... and I do hope you were able to speak to John...... it can be a big panic when things don`t go `your way`..... don`t lose heart though..... you might find [ initially] that using some strips of tape applied to your system and with a corner of the backing-strip on each one peeled back and `scrunched`up a bit so you can get a grip/purchase with your fingers [or even a tweezers] in order to peel them off, once you have your system positioned correctly, will/may be easier to work with than all-glue initially....... I think for a beginner, that trying to achieve a full-bond using glue can be problematic and lead to frustration and a total head-ache. An easier compromise would be to use tape/s for the back and a bit of the sides... and once you position your system properly, just peel off the backing strips and press the system against the skin.....you can then mark the front hairline itself using a few little `dots` from an eye-brow pencil or just the back edge of a comb pressed firmly against the skin and drawn around the outside of the system ... the resulting mark will remain for quite a while before the skin returns to normal....you can apply your glue from just behind the line, working back an inch or so....simply fold the front of the system backwards onto the crown..the tapes will prevent it from slipping off.... once you have your layers of glue applied and allowed to almost dry....then fold the system forward onto the glued area.... I would assume John will have given you more help and advice. Can you try ``Got2b`` glued spiking glue as an easier alternative to acrylic glues until you are more used to bonding?.... I am not sure what exactly `went wrong` because the factory will only make your system to the size you submitted [Template] ...... while other things such as density can sometimes be `off` a bit, they normally follow the outline of the template as it has been sent to them..... I do hope a stock will help you out of this situation and you can relax a bit .... it can be scary when things `get on top ` of you when trying to do a bond.... don`t let it dishearten you ...... you`ll get it to your satisfaction [ soon] I hope...best wishes ... Paul.

Messages In This Thread
Why is it sooo hard?? - expriest - 07-15-2011, 01:52 PM
RE: Why is it sooo hard?? - ToplaceUSA - 07-15-2011, 03:35 PM
RE: Why is it sooo hard?? - expriest - 07-16-2011, 03:01 AM
RE: Why is it sooo hard?? - Paul In Ireland - 07-16-2011, 03:10 AM
RE: Why is it sooo hard?? - expriest - 07-16-2011, 04:28 AM
RE: Why is it sooo hard?? - antywanty - 07-16-2011, 05:40 AM
RE: Why is it sooo hard?? - expriest - 07-16-2011, 11:57 AM
RE: Why is it sooo hard?? - Xeon005 - 07-19-2011, 05:25 AM