Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dandruff
07-04-2011, 11:35 PM,
dandruff
Are any wearers also suffering from dandruff? I get it like crazy. What are your solutions?
07-04-2011, 11:49 PM,
RE: dandruff
Hi noneother......have a look at this link... `Nizoral`shampoo is an anti-fungal shampoo [usually the cause of dandruff] and also [apparently] has many other positive effects......
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/hair-loss-tr...is-nizoral
07-05-2011, 01:19 AM,
p.s. Also,many of the well-known `anti-dandruff` shampoos `work` because they contain Sulphur which strips a layer of skin from the scalp.....Nizoral is an anti-fungal treatment and very effective.....for anyone suffering from scaly/itchy `blotches` [ more like dermatitis ] coal tar-based shampoos are highly effective/soothing.......Neutragena T-gel being one of the best-known ones. http://www.medicinenet.com/coal_tar_sham...rticle.htm
10-24-2011, 03:52 AM,
(07-04-2011, 11:35 PM)noneother Wrote: Are any wearers also suffering from dandruff? I get it like crazy. What are your solutions?

Hi again noneother

Good choice of hairstyles Wink

Did you try the Nizoral (ketoconazole) and coal tar recommended to you, if you did how are you getting along with it. Are you already wearing and if so does it affect your bond, also does it calm your scalp enough so your not irritated after removal?
10-24-2011, 04:59 AM,
Nizoral hasn't been available in US for a few months now. It's a shame because for me at least it has been a totally effective solution to dandruff/seb derm for the past few years. I called the manufacturer and they told me that it has not been discontinued but that was a couple of months ago and the store shelves are still empty.
10-24-2011, 10:51 AM,
(10-24-2011, 04:59 AM)Porcupine Wrote: Nizoral hasn't been available in US for a few months now. It's a shame because for me at least it has been a totally effective solution to dandruff/seb derm for the past few years. I called the manufacturer and they told me that it has not been discontinued but that was a couple of months ago and the store shelves are still empty.

I don't actually live in the US, but there are many other prescription and off the shelf products with ketoconazole (at least 20mg) as the active ingredient, also look for hydrolysed collagen in the ingredients, it's what keeps the scalp supple.

Hope you find an alternative Smile