Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bonding skin hair system.
07-04-2011, 07:49 PM,
bonding skin hair system.
I’m contemplating wearing my skin hair system.

Which iv really had in storage for around,6 month,
I suppose the decision was ,or the logic was that it was easier to wear my lace,poly system as it had settled, and was doing what I wanted in terms of styling direction,had settled down ect.

I remember I think my hairdresser, unlike my poly lace system, she bonded two surfaces,with the skin system.
Any skin wearers got any bonding advice, for a skin system.

file attachment 16/11/2010 skin hair sytem(wet look gell)

Regards
ANTHONY 

Attached Files Image(s)

07-04-2011, 10:22 PM,
RE: bonding skin hair system.
Hi Anty...when I wore all-poly systems courtesy of these `Salons` they always completely covered the scalp with glue, [ 2 coats] and also a layer on the poly surface..... it was a full-bond all over and lasted quite a few weeks in winter and a bit less in summer due to humidity/sweat etc. The thing you have to `watch` is getting air-bubbles trapped when laying the system onto the scalp...the person would stand behind me, attach the front of the system first, then carefully fold the rest of it backwards, slowly, and pushing down firmly onto it in order to expel air bubbles......you might find it easier on your own, to simply do your normal type of perimeter bond plus a line of glue just in the middle of the scalp from front to back just to hold the middle bit ....it`s not strictly necessary, but many all -poly wearers wear/go-for it because they get that `full`bond in every area, so if anyone were to casually pull at the hair, there`d be no lifting/looseness. As you know some wearers with all-lace sometimes criss-cross the scalp with strips of tape to avoid any type of `lift`as I`ve described...you could do the same just using glue instead. Wearing all-poly [skin] in warm weather like now, can give you different issues such as itching etc. as the scalp can`t `breath`like it can with lace.....I presume you have one of the lighter thin-skins though so might not be much of an issue in comparison to the more heavy types of poly.....again, it`s all part of the learning curve in this wearing game...good luck with it... Paul.
p.s. I`d advise more frequent de/re in this weather with all-poly and if possible leave it off overnight...gives the skin time to breath /avoids redness/irritation setting in.
07-05-2011, 03:54 AM,
Looks good Ant.
Do you have any close up shots of the hairline itself?
07-05-2011, 07:51 PM,
what concerns me about my skin system, is theres no real buffer between youre hairline,if it lifted slightly i suppose you'd notice,with sfsl, you at least have a comfort zone buffer of lace before the hairline,1/4"
and if the lace lifs ever so subtly, it looks like shedding skin,or baby hairs,
i really do think that whats keeping me from wearing it.
i really do think im gonna be pro lace,sfsl.front exposed hair line.
when it works ,its the business.
weird , well not really when you see all the wonderfull adds pics for non surgical hair replacment, they forget to mention the clean up, lol